Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Poison

LUCILA

As the plan goes too well, I can see that we can gain more viewers and money to come back. This is a result of how we value our viewers to entertain them.

The first survival game wasn't successful as six of them finished it. We only need to declare one winner out of the game and so we came to the decision to build a new plan that could test their surviving skills one more time. It is not just by surviving or knowing that truth, it is how they will realize everything were—spilling it out might 'cause trouble. I have to keep it within my board of directors.

"Ma'am Lucila, you are need in the function room."

"What happened?" I asked my assistant.

"There's a trouble you might wanna see."

I nodded to her, "I will follow."

I put my coat and followed my assistant to the function room. As we came in, the group of my people working were distracted. I make my way to some computers to see what's happening inside. When I finally see what actually happened, there's a glitch happening.

I took a deep breath and call the attention of everyone. They immediately come into me and listen.

"Who the hell screw it?" and still none of them answers. "Gifford." I look up to him and held his head high, "you're one of the accessor to the main program. Tell me, what's with the glitch?"

He shook his head, "for as you know Ma'am, I have nothing to do it with it. It should pass on the evaluation team as it process into my computer system. There's someone trying to sabotage our system Ma'am."

"Is that so?"

He nodded, "yes, ma'am I can show you my computer system."

"No, it's fine." I said and look to the group of evaluation team. "You!" I pointed the young lad. He's been shocked when I pointed him. "Lock him up."

"Ma'am, I have nothing to do with this!" he shouted. "We didn't receive any of that. We don't know how the poison turned into water. Please, I am the truth."

I didn't listen to him. The guards escorted him out of the function room. I immediately put them back on their work and repair the glitch. I watch Gifford as he changing back the Nicotine poison from water. I don't know how that happens without any alerts.

When everything is going back to normal. I sit on the chair on the isle and they put the transmitter on the temple of my head.

"Ready ma'am?" a staff asked.

I nodded, " as always."

As I close my eyes, I've been delivered to the room where Risel were holding up—The White Room. Everything was going on our plan. The Tracheon plan was clean and furnish to its goal. As we gain viewers every day, they expect more thrilling and excitement to the game. And as the game master, I give them what they supposed to need in entertainment.

For about a decade, we enjoyed building this game. Private users who can watch on our website who can freely suggests what they wanted to do with the players. Some of the suggestions were approved because I know; viewers would love to see how it becomes.

Risel has come to death, his game is up to end. Some of the viewers were disappointed that he may not be declared as the winner. I only want entertainment and this is how it shows. The Nicotine poison will be injected to the players who cannot continue the game. And as we know, if they survive the poison they might win the game. There's no win-win situation in that phase.

As I'm standing beside Risel, someone has come up to his room. She doesn't come up to think what might happen to her.

"Oxene."

She gags when I call her. She looks at me intently. "Don't you dare do that again!"

"You are so determined, Oxene."

She didn't listen. She mind herself locking up the whole room. I send a signal to send some guards to this room. She places cabinets in front of the door. She came closer to Risel and spending some time to remove his dextroses.

"Uh-oh, Oxene." I warned her. "Don't try to remove those on him, Oxene. He could be dead if you once tried to do it."

"Then, what I'm gonna do?!" she scowls.

I smiled at her, "give up, that's your only choice."

"I won't give up and that was never a choice." She smirked. "You can't stop me, whoever you are!"

And when the guards came up to the door, she panicked.

"Risel, wake up!"

"He's not going to wake up, Oxene."

"Fuck you! Damn you shut up!"

I stop talking and watch her doing what she need to survive. Then she removed the dextrose that contains blood. I narrowed my eyes when something didn't happen. The bragging on the stops and suddenly Risel woke up.

Oxene look at me. I was shocked to see that happen.

"Are you okay?" she asked and hugged him.

He nodded. "Where are we?"

She shook her head, "I don't know what this place is but we need to get out of here, Risel. They're going to kill us. You're being line up to death, they're going to put poison in your body."

Risel didn't catch up, "I-I don't get it."

"We're still on the game, Risel. We need to get out of here."

"That's not easy, Oxene."

"Don't listen to her, Risel."

"Whom, Ox?" he asked confused.

Her forehead creased as she pointed me with her head, "she did this to us."

"I don't see anything."

I smiled to Oxene, "I was programmed Oxene. You're the only one who can see me."

"What?" she said, don't know what to react. "Nevermind!" she hastily look on her friend, "can you walk? We need to get out of here as soon as possible."

He nods. "And where do we go?"

"You can't escape, Oxene."

"Somewhere away from here." She said.

"I can still follow you, wherever you go."

"Let's go." She helps Risel to stand up. "I'll carry you, don't worry..."

When they get out of the room. I came back to reality, I stood up and call out the anger in me.

"What happened? Now tell me, who the hell help them to escape?!"

They bowed their head, no one wants to reveal the truth. Someone was trying to betray me. And if I must know who was he. He'll be dead, poisoned.