Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Run

OXENE

They didn't want to hear me out. I begged them to untie me, feed me but they don't care anything at all. Tyda, Vinea and Earle were just cruel and heartless. All I thought that they were dead but I never imagined to see them alive in front of me. They're different, just like they don't know what they are doing. They knew me, as my name and that's the end of the talk.

"Earle... water... that's all I need." I begged.

They look at me while having their dinner. They hunted pigs to have their food while I'm just begging for some water. I look at them, hoping that they could get what I want. As Earle stood up and go to the near lake.

"Don't worry Ox, we don't want you dead, we still need you." Vinea said.

I shook my head, not getting her point. "What? I don't understand."

"We won't make you understand it, Oxene." Tyda said, raising her brow. "Once you know it, we may fail doing what we need to."

"You don't need to do this, guys... this is not what you are guys. Killing a friend doesn't make you great. You don't need me to survive. I need you guys and so we can survive together."

But with all the talks, they took it as a joke. They laugh as if I'm not serious to what I said. Like they don't feel what we feel. They cared for themselves. This might something up to lead that we couldn't figure out but there's a reason why they're doing this.

Earle come back with a bottle of water from the lake, as I look at it, the water were brown and dirty. I shook my head intended not to drink the water he get but he force me. He grabs my chin and forces me to open my mouth. Vinea and Tyda come to help and hold my head as they poured the brown water on my mouth. I'm drowned into it. As the water bottle runs off, I vomited and lied on the floor. Gasping of breath.

"That's what happens when you beg on us, Oxene..." Earle smirked.

"I just needed a drink..." I sobs.

I never knew that it would come to like this. Where is everyone? Why I'm left alone with this crazy people? I thought I was saved then at this moment, I'm tortured to the point that I don't know where to go. Where to find the safe place I knew before.

An hour later, a group came after the camp they built. As I look out for them, it was Ehrett and Vantell. They have Risel as their prisoner. As soon as the group come together, Vantell pushed Risel beside me.

"Damn! It hurts!" Risel hissed.

I look into his face, he has bruised and blood on his lips. His eyes were blackened, he got tied up and loss a lot of energy as I am.

"Did they hurt you, Ox?" he asked.

I didn't answer on his question, it's obvious and so it cannot be undone.

"How are you Risel"

"Not good." He smirked then spit the blood. "Are you alone? Where are the others?"

I shook my head, "I'm alone... I don't know where they are. I suffered a lot, Ris... I don't know what to do."

"Hush," he said. "Don't be, Ox. We should find a way to get out of here. Those people are not our friends anymore. They don't come with us, they were already dead and to see that we need to overcome them."

"This is not what I want..."

He sighed, "as I am, Ox. I don't know why this happen to us, why should be the people who'll suffer this kind of torture. They don't mind us. They didn't even care about us. They watched for entertainment. Torturing and killing were one of the hits of this game. And so, we should ended it." I didn't know how to accept the words he said. It's a pain on me. If I could dwell on it, I'm going to die but if I fight I can survive.

"Both of you, stop talking!" Earle shouted.

"I'm going to get both of us out of here." He said.

I watched them building their tent. They tied us both on the tree so we couldn't escape. I wish this would stop, so at the moment when everything's fine. We could have our own peace, having back our own lives.

The freedom they took from us.

Risel had a plan escaping at midnight while they were sleeping. We may be tied up on a tree but Risel come to a plan. I trust him because the only person I can do to trust is him.

The breezy air touches my skin, it gives chill over to my body. I knew that this wouldn't come so easy for us. If we could get escape then we could find the others and so we can create another strategy to build our own selves along to the threat of our dead friends.

"Ox..." I woke up to the whispers of Risel to me. I held my head up high and to know that the place were fully dark because the bonfire were turned to ashes and smoke. "Look at me." I shift my attention into his face.

"Are we going to do it now?" I ask.

He nodded, "but you gonna do it first. There's a knife inside my pocket, if you can reach it you can cut the rope, get it?"

"Okay."

We moved a bit as we came closer to each other. As the ties painful gripping us because it was really tight and nasty. The next thing I did was reaching the knife on Risel's pocket. It is hard for me to reach it because I can move it little but when I try hard enough, I finally get it.

We panic as Earle come out to the tent, he didn't look on us as he positioned himself in front of the tree and pee himself. We remain silent and sleep as they expect us. When he realizes that we're sleeping, he goes back to his tent and I started to slit the rope.

"It's thick, Ris!" I said, my hands were writhes because of my movement. I can't make it fast. Risel took the knife and he tries to cut his rope. And with determination, Risel cut it off. He immediately focuses on mine and when it gets rids on me. "We need to get away far from here."

I nodded to his decision. We quietly step a feet on the ground and when were almost halfway done, Vantell comes out on his tent. I got stoned on my position.

"Ox, run!" as Risel shouts, I run away before Vantell could get me.

That's when I realized, I didn't follow Risel. I don't know where I run off, as long as I'm running away from them. I think I'm safe. But without Risel, I can't do this. I don't try to make a sound because that's the matter they could follow me.

I should find the others.

"Risel?! Oxene?! Come with us, we won't hurt you if you surrender yourself!" it's Steph.

That's not a good decision to surrender myself. And so I make my way finding a way to meet the others.