Chapter 9

Mamoru walked through the busy market. His hands are wrapped securely around a paper bag filled with veggies and fruits.

"What else do we need?" He asked to the person beside him.

Chrome looked at the list, "chicken, beef, pork, and fish" she replied.

Mamoru sweat-dropped, leave it to his grandmother to think as if a war's coming and they needed to stock every food they could get.

Nodding, he looked around for those that were mentioned. "Those fishes seems fresh. Come on, Let's go take a look" he said, spotting a stand selling fish.

Chrome didn't say anything as she followed him, though, her attention was caught when she saw a group of people crowding around in one place. Mamoru noticed this and looked at where she's looking before looking back at her, "Wanna go see what's going on?" he asked her.

Chrome shook her head, "I'm not interested"

'Then why did you stop?' Mamoru thought and would have said it out loud but sighed instead, already used at her attitude, "We better go then, Obaasan is waiting for us back home" he said as he unwrapped one of his arms around the paper bag and grabbed Chrome's hand, leading her away from where they were standing and towards the fish stand.

He smiled to himself, 'Having a stubborn little sister like her is not so bad.', he thought.

He had always wanted a younger sibling but his mother and father died before making him one so he had been all alone with only his grandmother as a companion.

And then, Chrome came and her attitude towards him made him label her as his little sister. Though, he had to keep it to himself because apparently, Chrome wasn't too fond to the idea of having a sibling even if not blood related.
____________________________________________________________

"You idiot!!" Hayato yelled as he hit Takeshi on the head.

Takeshi laughed it off, "Maa, maa, Hayato. Calm down"

Hayato growled, "How the fvck can I calm down when you almost got hit by a damn car?!!"

Hayato and Takeshi were searching for some things they needed for a project when a guy bumped into them, specifically, Hayato.

The silverette was about to yell at the guy to watch where he's going but stopped when they heard a woman scream, "THIEF!!", while pointing at the unknown man.

Takeshi immediately sprang into action and took hold of the thief's arms before leading him away from his friend/brother.

What he did not expect was the said thief's strength.

He was caught off guard when the thief slammed his body against him in an effort to free himself from his grip, thus, loosing his balance.

Takeshi heard Hayato yell his name when he and the thief fell backwards from the sidewalk and landed on the street.

Honk! Hooooonnkk!!

Acting fast, Takeshi pushed himself up and ran to the side of the street, pulling the frightened thief with him, fortunately avoiding the accident that was about to occur had his reflex not kick in.

Really, he was glad of all that training he went through.

Snapping out of his thought, he looked around and finally noticed the crowd that are surrounding them, "Ummm, Hayato?"