Chapter 6

"Chrome, here's your lunch"

Chrome looked at Mamoru who was at the door frame.

"Hey, how did this happen again?"

Mamoru groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Don't remind me...."

Flashback:

"Mamo-chan, Chrome-chan will be going with you to school tomorrow, take care of her, okay?"

Mamoru all but spat out the food he was eating, Chrome wore a blank face. "That was disgusting" she muttered before looking at the old woman, "Why?" She asked.

"Mm~ well, you need to go to school to learn something, dear~ besides, you'll get to make more friends there~"

"I don't need friends"

"Maa, maa, come now~ don't say that, everyone needs friends"

Chrome remained quiet, it was pointless to argue with the old woman anyway.

"B-But Obaasan!!! How did you even enroll her in my school so fast?! Don't you have to go through some procedures first? And what about his birth certificates and other needed papers, we don't even have them!" He reasoned.

The old lady smiled mysteriously, "I have my ways, Mamo-chan, I have my ways~"

"B-Bu-But"

"Ah-ah~! No buts, Mamo-chan, or do you want to argue with this old lady, hmmm~?"

"N-No....I'm good"

"It's decidedly then~ Chrome-chan, your uniform is upstairs in your room"

"Hai" she said softly

"Good, now, you two, hurry up and get ready for bed, you need to get up early tomorrow if you don't want to be late~"

"Yes"

End of Flashback

"No, I'm not talking about that, I mean, them" she said once again, looking at the squealing girls.

Mamoru finally understood, "Oh, them....Well, I don't know either"

"Never thought a girly looking boy would be popular" she stated in a low voice, she made her way towards Mamoru and took her lunch, "Thanks"

Mamoru smiled a little, he patted her head, "And I never thought a rude girl like you would know how to thank someone" he retorted.

Chrome froze, remember the times when her brother would also pat her head. She shoved the albino away, "Don't.....Don't ever do that" she warned before walking passed him and to who knows where.

Mamoru blinked, not understanding what he just did to make the girl angry.
____________________________________________________________

Chrome made her way up to the school rooftop, her lunch firmly held in hands. She opened the door and sat down beside the railing.

'I just wish you were here beside me, Tsu-nee' she thought, looking at her lunch. She wondered why fate was so cruel with them.

First that sorry excuse of an orphanage caretaker, Maria, had given them like they were things to those blasted mad scientists hungry for power. Then, her sister made a deal with the bastards to leave her (Chrome) alone and suffered in that hellhole, the fuckers didn't even comply even though they agreed with the deal since she got experimented anyway. Lastly, when she finally managed to free themselves from the fucking bastards, a group of blasted mummies showed up and took her sister away from her.