Diagon alley

Harry and Draco both woke up that evening, Harry being the first to awake. It wasn't long before they were feeling better, either and just two days later the two boys were being hauled off to Diagon alley to get their supplies for Hogwarts. They got onto the knight bus as Harry and Draco were both a little apprehensive about other magical travel after their experience. Harry and Draco both stood together, following Remus and Severus closely as they got onto the bus.

They sat down on old, rickety seats and Draco looked around nervously. He had never been on a bus before so he didn't know what to expect. Harry felt a little strange too, but he didn't show it. This wasn't the type off bus you would suggest people to go on for a first time bus journey. It thrashed around and Draco held onto the bar so tightly his knuckles turned white. Harry grabbed Draco's arm to steady himself, but otherwise he felt excited. He was on a magical bus going to a magical place where he wouldn't be separated from Draco or Lupin. He was even beginning to like this Severus fellow. 

"Severus, what subject do you teach at Hogwarts?" Harry asked when the bus stopped to let a little old lady onto the bus. 

"I teach potions." Severus told him with a small smile. 

"D-do you do maths at Hogwarts?" Draco asked. 

"We only teach muggle subjects at Hogwarts. Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy and Herbology are what you'll have to do this year. You will also have to do flying lessons -" Severus said.

"F-f-flying?" Draco said, looking rather green and not only because of the now once again moving bus. 

"Don't worry about that now." Remus said. 

It wasn't long before the bus came to a stop outside of a little pub with an old, rustic sign hanging above it reading 'the leaky cauldron'. It seemed as though nobody else could see it. Harry stood close to Lupin, looking up at him in an attempt to not feel so scared that they were entering a world of the unknown. Draco reached his hand out to grab Harry's shirt, scrunching it into his fist. It was going to be amazing. When they walked into the pub it was bustling. People seemed to enjoy it here. Not everyone was here to drink though, some people came in and went straight back out again. 

"Hello Remus, Severus. Staying for a drink?" Asked the bartender.

"Sorry Tom, We're taking Harry and Draco to get their supplies for Hogwarts. They start tomorrow." Lupin said to Tom, looking a little bit guilty he wasn't stopping. 

"Harry - is that Harry Potter?" Tom said. All chatter stopped and everyone looked around. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Mr Potter!" Said someone, trying to shake Harry's hand. Harry didn't understand what was going on and felt a bit of panic rising in him. 

"I don't understand -" 

"Mr Potter!"

"Potter!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Harry Potter! Amazing!"

Harry and Draco were quickly whizzed out of the pub and people craned their necks to get a good look of Harry. Draco looked at Harry in awe to see that he had a secret famous best friend. Yet, the idea of Harry being so well liked made Draco nervous. What if Harry found new friends and forgot all about him? What if he started to hate Draco because he was inferior to him? Draco felt his heart burn inside of him as he worried himself sick. 

"Draco, are you feeling alright?" Lupin asked him. Draco nodded and said nothing so Lupin kept an eye on him. Lupin didn't like the fact that these two boys were in so much pain. However, when they walked through to the other side of the wall everything changed. Their eyes lit up, their souls seeming to dance through time. Shops filled with colourful books, clothes, sweets, ice cream, broomsticks and everything. Severus and Remus watched with smiles on their faces and Draco and Harry looked around Diagon Alley. It was their first proper taste of magic. 

"Look! Animals!" Harry swooned looking inside of the pet shop. Remus took the two boys away from the shop and Severus disappeared somewhere. "Where are we going?"

"To Gringotts. You're going to need some money. If I had the money I would pay for it myself but luckily for you, both of you are from very fortunate families." Remus said. Harry couldn't believe the amount of money he and Draco had respectively inherited. Piles and piles of money. Harry had Draco had never had a dime to their name before and now they had this? It seemed too good to be true.

When they had finished buying all of their things, Severus emerged and had his hand behind his back. Harry peaked over and Draco followed suit. Severus was smiling and Remus was shaking his head with a smirk on his face with mock disapproval. 

"Here, I brought you this. Both of you must look after her." Severus said, pulling out an almost pure black bunny rabbit except for her front paws being white. Harry and Draco gasped, walking over to her and Harry scooped her up. Harry couldn't understand the kindness being shown to him. He felt tears streaming down his face as he pulled her close. Draco hugged Harry while stroking her on the head. "What shall you name her?"

"W-willow?" Draco suggested.

"I love that name. Thank you so much. We promise to look after her."

__________________________

AN - This chapter is dedicated to my boyfriend who gives the best cuddles and write the best Harry Potter fanfiction Hufflepuff_King