Their last day together

The air was hot in little whinging, it was mucky. Sweat was the constant aroma around, mixed with orange juice and body spray. The sun was beating down in heavy rays, the sky periwinkle blue. For the final time, Harry and Draco sat at their desk. It was their last day of the school year and their last day of primary school. Harry had tears in his eyes. He was going to never see his best friend again after this summer. Mr Lupin, who had taught them throughout primary school, also had tears in his eyes, not that anybody noticed.

"I'm going to miss you all, most of you have been great pleasures to teach." He said as if he was addressing the whole class. However, his eyes focused on Harry and Draco. Harry knew that Sabastian and Dudley were the ones who were not the pleasure to teach. They caused havoc wherever they went.

"Hey, Draco? I'm going to miss you so much. Do you have to go?" Harry said in a whisper. Draco began balling his eyes out in the middle of the class as he leant over to hug Harry. Sabatisan looked over at them, a disgusted look plastered upon his face. Harry tensed, worried that Sabastian or Dudley might be staring.

"I'm going to miss you t-to!" Draco stuttered. Draco's stutter had improved since he was younger but Harry thought that maybe it would never go around completely. Harry felt a tear roll down his face but quickly wiped it away, not wanting anybody to see him cry.  He knew how Dudley was when he saw Harry crying, not to mention his uncle. Still, Harry hugged Draco back, trying his best to make his best friend feel better.

"Don't worry, Draco. We still have the whole summer. Now come on, Sabastian is staring at us." Harry whispered. Draco tensed up as he let go of Harry and refocused on the lesson. They both held their breaths, worried about their test results. They were worried that if they got better marks than their respective cousin or foster brother that they might not be so lucky.

They did get better than them. Harry got a C whereas Dudley got an F and Draco got a B but Sabastian got a D. Harry and Draco were both very scared. They knew that they were in for a beating later and that there could be way worse. Before they left Mr Lupin gave them both a personal goodbye. He seemed very emotional. The day ended, but not for the best. They spent the evening running from Dudley's and Sebastian gang and failing then heading to the park to rest and heal slightly before they both had to head home. 

____Privet drive____

Steps alerted Harry that Vernon was finally going to give him his punishment. He walked down the stairs, his fat bouncing and swaying like water in a bottle. Then there was screaming as Vernon neared. He was screaming at Harry. He was furious. Angrier than he'd been in a while. Then he swung open the door to the cupboard under the stairs. He threw a glass at Harry's face and his cheek began to bleed as the glass smashed, cutting open parts of his face. Harry whimpered as trickles of the crimson liquid ran down his cheek.

"Got better grades at school, did you? You'll regret that, Potter! YOU'LL REGRET THAT!" Vernon screamed at him, spitting in his face. Harry was shaking now, scared of what was to come. Harry knew that Vernon was drunk. That was when all the worst things happened to him. Tears mixed with blood feel down his face silently. Vernon smacked him harshly in the face, his face stinging like he had been stung by stinging nettles.

Viciously, Uncle Vernon picked up Harry's small frame and slammed him against the wall. Harry could feel a few of his bones snap as well as see his vision go blurry. He had hit his head. Harry screamed, the pain unbearable. Vernon laughed as he pulled Harry by the legs and sat on him to stop him from moving. Harry could feel some of his ribs break under Vernon's heavy load.

"You disgust me! You make me feel sick! You're just like your good-for-nothing parents!" Vernon said as he swung his fists at Harry, black and blue bruises already appearing on his weak skin. Harry cried and screamed. He just wished that he could be with Draco and that they could get lost together and never have to come back here again. Then he and Draco would never have to be in pain again. They would be safe. But that was not what was happening. "Freak!"

Vernon bent Harry over and laughed a menacing laugh. Knowing what was coming Harry kicked out and tried to break free. Vernon was having none of it - he stopped Harry with one swift motion. He pulled out his knife and put it between Harry's shoulder blades, drawing a bead of blood. Harry knew that if he screamed then his uncle would kill him. He resigned to his fate and let his eyes close, trying to imagine that he was anywhere else but here. His thoughts went to Draco. He just hoped that he was having a better night than him.

____The Riddles____

At Draco's 'home', there were quite a few strange rules. Rule one: Only do laundry at night so that Draco finds it nightmarish to sleep. Rule two: if you are angry, take it out on Draco. Rule three: if you are horny, take it out on Draco. And rule four: never let Draco be better than Sabastian. Draco was immediately dealt with as soon as he got home; Mr Riddle was clearly very angry that he had gotten better grades than his son at school. He pushed him straight into the laundry room, Draco tripping and hitting his head on the corner of the washing machine.

"How DARE you cheat on that test? I'm going to show you who is the best around here! Sabastian isn't weak like you!" Riddle shouted, his face purple. His short, greying hair was stuck to his face because of the summer heat and his blue eyes heald anger Draco was used too. "Going to s-s-stutter your way out of this one, Malfoy?"

"N-n-n-no! I-I s-swear I d-d-d-d-didn't cheat! I'm -" Draco was interrupted but Riddles foot kicking him in the face. His nose broke and thick, red blood spilt out of his nose. Draco fell silent, too scared to even contemplate talking any more. Riddle punshed, pinched and pelted Draco, the belt old and worn, used only to beat Draco with. Welts covers Draco's back, each one of them red and angry.

But this wouldn't be the worst of it. Draco was crying so much that snot covered his face. He was terrified. The pain sent shocks through him but he was too scared to even move. Then it happened. Riddle pulled down Draco's trousers. Draco closed his eyes and tried to think of anything that wasn't this. He wondered if Harry was okay but found that he doubted it.

AN - The second chapter is rewritten. Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this thus far!