First day together

Harry sat, his oversized jumper reaching just below his knees, at the back of the class. It was his first day at school and his first class. His jumper was going to be his cousins, Dudley's, but it had not fit him as he was too fat for the jumper. Dudley ate and ate, never once leaving the fridge to stuff his oversized face. Harry, on the other hand, could not remember ever having a hot meal in the entirety of his life. He was so skinny you could see his rib cage, cheekbones and most others protuding beneath his elastic skin. He had raven hair and pale skin, pink lips and bright, green eyes. But the thing most striking thing about his appearance, perhaps more striking than his weight, was the scar in the shape of a lightning bolt on his forehead that the Dursleys had told him had come from the car crash that had killed his mother and father.

As Harry sat alone at the back of the class, some other children started filing in. Dudley and another fat boy were the last to walk in. The nameless fat boy walked in and sat on the other back desk. Harry hoped somebody nice would sit next to him. The last person to sit down was a boy with blond hair. He sat down next to Harry and smiled at him before looking at the other fat boy sat on the other back desk and quivering.

Silence was not a word that could even begin to describe this class. It was havoc. People were throwing paper balls and Dudley was crying that he wanted mummy and daddy. Others joined in, clearly not happy to be here either. Harry and Draco sat there quietly, not making a single bit of noise.

"Hello, class! My name is Mr Lupin! I'm going to ask each of you sit at your desks, and then we are going to all introduce yourself's one at a time when I ask." Everyone sat on their chair, excited for the day, except Dudley who sat on the floor and exclaimed he didn't want to be there and that he was hungry, loudly. Lupin ignored him.

"We'll start with you," Lupin said with a kind smile to a girl at the front. As everybody introduced themselves and the line got closer, Harry noticed that the boy next to him was equally scared of the impending doom. What if Dudley hurt him or got him in trouble at home today? Harry was terrified; he didn't want to be greated by the fist. Then it was the fat boy's turn. 

"My name is Sabastion Riddle." He said before turning angrily at Draco. He sneered much like Dudley would sneer at Harry. Harry frowned. Was this really normal? Did everyone have this problem in their lives? Was Dudley just lucky? "Your turn, you fat fuck!"

Lupin looked outraged as he sent Sabastion off to the head office. Harry could smell urine and wondered if Draco had wet himself because of his fear. Harry did that all the time. Especially after his uncle did the worst thing his uncle could ever do to him. When Lupin came back he asked Draco if was okay and he nodded, clearly lying but Lupin pushed no further. He asked Draco to introduce himself.

"I-I'm D-Draco M-Malfoy." Draco stuttered in a small voice.  He was clearly still shaken after the accident. Mr Lupin frowned, clearly concerned that a student felt so unsafe in his class. Lupin moved on to Harry, getting him to say his name to the class.

"I'm Harry Potter, sir," Harry said in an equally small voice, but with no stutter. Again, Mr Lupin looked concerned but pressed no further, but Harry nor Draco noticed for they were looking into their laps, nervous. Draco's fists were clenched and his eyes were closed tightly. Harry was biting his lip and his eyes were wide open making sure not to let down his guard. They were both scared. This was one of the first times either of them had been let outside.

Soon, it was lunchtime, and Harry and Draco went and sat on their own (although still in each other's view) as both were too scared to ask the other to stay. Draco didn't have much lunch, just a bit of stale bread. He started to eat it thankfully, used to getting much less. Harry, however, had nothing at all. Draco looked over at him. Harry was clutching his stomach in hunger. He then looked over at Dudley, who he had learnt was Harry's cousin because Dudley had called him 'cousin Potter' in class. Dudley had a huge feast. Two sandwiches, a huge slab of chocolate cake, crisps, a mars bar, lemonade and a banana. Draco walked over to Harry, his legs like jelly.