The abused

Draco collapsed as they apparated behind Lupin's house. Mr Lupin got Harry to help move him into the house and onto the sofa. Harry sat on a wooden chair beside the sofa, his brows furrowed, his bottom lip between his teeth and his hands together as if in prayer. Draco was alive but barely and Mr Lupin had run to get Draco a glass of water and something easy to eat. Gravely, Harry wondered how Draco was going to eat or drink if he was unconscious. Harry heard Lupin cursing himself about how he shouldn't have apparated to the house with Draco in such a fatal condition. Tears began to fall from Harry's face silently. He raised his scarily thin arm and wiped his eyes with it. Lupin ran over seconds later, pulling out what looked to be a very nice looking stick after putting the food and water on Draco's stomach.

"Digestorum!" He said, aiming the stick- no, wand- at the food. It turned transparent and went straight through Draco, disappearing. Noticing his mouth was open, Harry closed it. How could he have possibly-? What just-? "I'm, as you and Draco are also, a wizard. That was a magic spell. However, I regret to inform you that that isn't the first one you have seen."

Lupin spoke as he tended frantically to Draco's wounds. Harry was so tired and hungry. He knew that it would be him treated next as he fell unconscious, his head lolling back as he did so. Lupin cursed himself again as he raised his wand and sent a Patronus to somebody who he knew would apparate straight away.

__________

"Remus? What on earth is going on here?" Said the dark, cloaked figure as Lupin ushered him towards Harry and Draco quickly. The man set to work quickly on Harry, making sure he was fed and watered and that his cuts were fully healed.

"Severus, thank you for coming. Those bloody Riddles and those damn Dursleys! You won't believe the reading's I have got when examining these boys. Harry isn't doing so well. Severus, take a look." Lupin flicked with wand causing a sheet of parchment to form in front of Severus' eyes. The sheet was horrifying.

Harry Potter

Injuries in the last five years-

Broken bones: 197

Welts: 4657

Self-harm: 8

Head injuries: 698

Average calorie intake per day in the last year:

No school: 3

School: 1000

Intercourse count check:

547

Tears stinging his eyes, Severus set back to work on Harry, wondering what Draco's sheet looked like. Severus knew that he had a lot to do. This was going to be a long day.

"Alright. All healed up." Severus said when he healed the final cut on Harry's body. Lupin looked up from his work and shot Severus a sad smile before waving his wand again, not saying a word, in Severus' direction. Severus looked forward as the parchment materialised in front of his eyes and grabbed it with trembling fingers. He scanned each line and his eyes began watering as he got lower and lower down the sheet. Both of these boys... both of them left in places like those, like the one he'd had to grow up in? Well no more. Severus stood up and kicked the wall as Lupin stood only a few feet away, fixing one of two broken boys. Oh, how unfair it was, being one of the abused.

Draco Malfoy-

Injuries in the last five years-

Broken bones: 123

Welts: 25550

Self-harm: 0

Head injuries: 400

Average calorie intake per day in the last year:

No school: 24

School: 1000

Intercourse count check:

450

Severus lowered looked over to Draco, a look of regret on his face. He never thought this was what was to come for the son of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, but when both were killed for betraying the Dark lord Voldemort killed both of them personally. Lupin sat down and motioned for Severus to sit next to him.

"Severus, I think it would be best if me and you looked after these boys from now on. We are the only ones who care about them truly. I could adopt Draco and you Harry, vice versa. Of course, you'd have to know if you were ready, but since they'd be at hogwarts -" Lupin stopped when he noticed tears forming in Severus' eyes. "What's wrong, Severus? Are you alright?"

"This is what happened to Lily's son. This is what happened to the son of Narcissa and Lucius. I can't believe it." Severus said, his tone low and shaky. Despite Severus' and Lupin's differences as children, they had grown to be good friends with age. Lupin knew Severus like he knew himself; he would want to help the son of Lily Evans. "Harry and Draco must be with us. We don't know who could hurt them out there."

Both of the men set to work. Severus - who was filled with guilt - set to work in trying to contact wizarding child services and file a report for both Harry and Draco. He should have know the son of Tom Riddles half brother would be up to no good. He also contacted the minister and told him that he wished to talk about himself and Lupin adopting one of the boys respectively. There could be no risks in Severus' mind. Lupin contacted Dumbledore by sending him a very passive-aggressive note. He knew that Dumbledore knew of Harry's situation, but he could not be sure of Draco's. 

"Okay, hopefully, we have done enough. Harry and Draco should be waking up soon." Lupin - looking very tired - decided to cook a meal for both Severus and himself, leaving enough for the two boys if they woke up. Severus and Lupin talked, both talking about their different experiences in teaching. "Well, muggle schools are quite different, Severus. The children can be very harsh. Fewer punishments."

"Maybe you should apply for the defence against the dark arts position, Remus? Hogwarts does need a new one. And besides, you could help me keep an eye on these two then." Remus took a mouthful of mash potato and thought for a moment. Perhaps he could do that. It would be nice to go back to Hogwarts.

"Perhaps I will."

______________________

AN - please leave a comment if you enjoyed! I updated this to make it way better!