~ Chapter 1 ~

"Kim Seolhyun?" I whipped my head around as I heard my name being called.

"It's time for your interview." I stood up and straightened out my skirt, the woman smiled at me as I emerged from the crowd of interviewees raising my hand to indicate my presence.

The job I was hoping to get was that of a personal secretary for this company's CEO. I had some work experience as a secretary but like the majority of the people I was competing with I was a university graduate, struggling to find a job in Seoul.

I'd lost count of how many jobs I had applied for, despite having all of the qualifications I had never been hired. I was sick of my job as a waitress which I had had since I began university. I wanted a real job, but I was beginning to lose hope.

"Thank you." I smiled and bowed as the woman held the door open for me. I told myself that I had to stay positive; all I had to do was convince them to hire me over the other hundred or so people who had applied. Easy right?

"Hello." I said formally and bowed 90 degrees towards the CEO and the man and woman sitting either side of him.

"Please take a seat." The CEO said as he smirked at me.

I sat down trying my best to stay calm. He was stunningly handsome, but at the same time he was already scaring me.

He stared me up and down intensely without attempting to be discreet. I felt his eyes rest of every part of my body and became nervous. I casually tucked my hair behind my ear to distract myself, however his gaze never left.

"So Miss Kim, what can you tell me about yourself?" The CEO asked me.

"Well I studied business management at Ewha women's University for four years, I spent one of those years on a work placement in a local fashion business. I helped to manage their finances, create new strategies to generate profit and also gained a lot of experience in secretarial work."

"Why should we consider hiring you?" The woman asked me, a kind expression painted on her face.

"Although I don't have the most experience in PA work I'm a hard worker and a fast learner. My degree has taught me about how businesses function and developed my organisational skills, I also feel that my social and communication skills have been aided by my work placement."

"Why would you like to work at our company?" The man seated next to the CEO asked me.

"The Jeon Corporation is so well respected in the beauty and skincare industry. I've used the products myself for a while now and I feel that I share the values of the company such as your principles against animal testing."

"Miss Kim, is there anything that you would like to ask me?" The CEO looked at me expectantly with a smug expression on his face. My name sounded so sensual when it came from his lips.

"Erm..." I hesitated as he stared at me. Suddenly I became confused, this CEO looked awfully familiar to me, but where would I know him from?

"What do you think are the most important qualities for someone to excel in this job?" I asked him.

The CEO took just a moment to ponder his answer, he lent back into his chair in a relaxed manner.

"Dedication, loyalty, respect and trust." He spoke as he directly stared into my eyes, making me feel awkward.

Dedication? Loyalty? Respect? Trust? That combination sounded more like qualities for a girlfriend rather than a personal assistant! I laughed to myself internally.

"Thank you, you'll be hearing from us soon." The woman smiled at me as I bowed once again before exiting the room.

I sighed loudly once I was sure that the door was closed.

The CEO was acting so bizarrely. But the strange thing was that something about him seemed so familiar. But surely I must just be imagining this, there is no chance that I could have ever had met a CEO before.

It's unlikely that I will get the job so I guess that I will never find out.

***

"Jinnie! I'm home!" I called as I kicked off my high heels at the door and put on my slippers.

"Seolhyun! How was your interview today?" Jin smiled at me as he chopped vegetables in the kitchen.

"Oh, I have no idea." I sighed as I collapsed on the sofa, throwing my handbag next to me.

Seokjin was my best friend from university and now my roommate, he was a chef just starting out at a famous restaurant in Seoul. The advantage of this of course was a constant flow of delicious homemade food in the comfort of my own kitchen.

I was interrupted by the sound of my ringtone.

"Ugh!" I sighed lazily as I leaned over to reach into my bag.

"Hello?" I picked up my phone.

"Hello, is this Miss Kim Seolhyun?"

"Yes that's correct."

"I'd like to inform you that you've been chosen for the personal secretary job at the Jeon corporation, we'd like you to start tomorrow."

"R-Really? That's brilliant thank you so much!" I said and Jin rushed towards me with an excited expression.

"You got the job?!" He asked me once I finished the phone call.

"YES!!!" I screamed with joy and leaped up from the sofa to hug Jin in celebration.

"I'm employed!" I sang as I danced around the kitchen.

"I'm so happy for you! I'm going to cook you extra food tonight! You need more energy for your first day at work."

"I can't wait! I'm going to choose my outfit! Let me know when dinner is ready Jinnie." I skipped into my bedroom with glee.

How could I be this lucky? I genuinely thought that I had no chance at getting this job, there were so many applicants after all.

Oh well, I guess I'd just have to wait and see.