22

*Jackson's POV*

As we return to the castle I see the queen waiting for us at the door. Once I am up the stairs she asks me "are the deeds done?"

I nod "yes ma'am, we have accomplished the mission successfully"

"And the man? Is he dead?" 

"No ma'am," I reply "he got away before we could get him, but his girls are gone."

"Even Kassy?"

"She got away too, but she was injured pretty bad"

She storms off angrily mumbling to herself, something about her plans being ruined I think. All I know is I'm in deep trouble for letting them slip away. She glares at me and mumbles something else and starts pacing as if in thought.

After a few minutes of pacing she stops, looks at me, smiles then walks into her room. I stand there confused, and I wonder what was going through her head. She must have come up with another plan. I wish I knew what it was.

*Mr.Gray's POV*

Evangeline finally leaves and I cant help but wonder why Angel would betray me like he did. Does he not know who cares  about him? Does he not know who saved his life countless times? How could he just up and betray someone who has given him everything? I rescued him, I let him into my home, I let him into my heart, and I've treated him with nothing but respect. Okay, sure we got into fights every now and then, but what family doesn't. I know I'm not his real dad, but I raised him as I would one of my own.

And how could he do that to Kassy? They were as close as brother and sister, I thought he loved her. He's betrayed the only family he had. I remember when Kassy was at the castle one day when Angel and I came to visit, they got along instantly and now... And now he wants her dead. Did I miss something? Did they get in a fight? Maybe Kassy pulled a knife on him first and he was just defending himself. Yea, that has to be it, he didn't want to hurt her, he had to so he could protect himself. 

No... It must have been that woman's doing. She had to of gotten to him somehow. Why else would Jackson be there? The queen tricked my boy into hurting his family. She told him her lies and made him think we were awful. She planted that seed into his head and now we have to get him back. We have to get my boy back one way or another.