9

*Kassy's POV*

I watch Mr. Gray and Angel take the last girl to her cell. They asked me to clean as they deal with some business. It seemed kind of tense between them the whole time, but I shouldn't interfere.

I clean up and they walk back in just as I finish. It seems even more tense than it did before, and I can't take it.

"So, how long have you two known each other?" I ask, trying to break the silence.

The anger between them disappears "I found this guy all alone with no family when he was five" Mr. Gray says with a smile on his face. "It been fifteen years and man was he rebellious." He laughs.

"Hey, for all I knew you could have just been some weirdo" Angel says smiling back.

Mr. Gray laughs at Angels remark and I smile to myself relieved the tension is gone.

*Mr. Gray's POV*

I'm glad Kassy is here. Without her we would still be silent. I do feel bad that she had to sit through our silent argument, but without her we wouldn't have talked all day. I see the relief in her eyes as the tension leaves.

"All right. Let's get you cleaned up then back to your room" I say. She nods her head in approval "Let's talk later Angel" I say and take Kassy to her room.

I look at Kassy and see concern in her eyes. I can see the question forming in her lips. "I'm okay darling" I say and smile at her and give her a soft hug.