6

*Angel's POV*

I come back from the kitchen with more food for me and Lola. It isn't the same dish Mr. Gray got but it's still decent. I never get food as good as Mr. Gray's, he doesn't feel like I deserve stuff that good.

I knock three times on Lola's door before I come in, so she knows it's me. She smiles sweetly at me as I walk in. "Hello Angel!" She looks so beautiful with a slight gleam in her eyes.

I walk to her bed with the food and set it down on the bedside table. I sit by her and give a light hug. She winces a bit, still in pain from this morning. I pull back from the hug and look at her concerned.

"I'm okay" she says. She knew what I was about to ask. "I waited for you so we can eat together"

*Lola's POV*

How embarrassing, I would have thought that by now I could hide my pain. However it is nice to know he still cares about me. I don't want him to think of it so I have to change the subject. "Have any new poor souls come in for Mr. Gray recently?"

"Yea" he says looking away. I see the sorrow in his eyes. I feel bad for him and pull him into a hug.

"Don't worry," I say trying to comfort him "I'll be here for you whenever you need to talk. You can tell me anything"

He hugs back and whispers to me "I know." Pulling away from the hug he grabs some of the food he brought "We should eat. Before it gets too cold"

I agree and we start eating. There is an awkward silence between us the whole time. After a little we finish eating and I try to think of something to say but before I can think of anything he asks "How was your call?"

I say with an evil grin "It went well, and Mr. Gray doesn't suspect a thing."