4

*Mr. Gray's POV*

We finish our play time and I take Kassy back to her room to mend her wounds. She is unusually quiet, so I ask in a calm voice "Are you okay darling?"

She sits there for a little quietly thinking. She opens her mouth to say something but no words come out. After a while she finally says what's on her mind. "Eric.." I look at her, surprised she used my first name. She looks at me "I... I love you"

My world stops and I feel myself start to panic. I'm not sure what to do, this has never happened. I need to get out of here, clear my mind.

She lays her hand on my shoulder, I assume to try and calm me. I move her hand from my shoulder "I need to go" I get up and storm out of the room.

Look over, I see Angel watching me, concerned. I calm my nerves and walk up to him.

*Angel's POV*

I had just come out of Lola's room and I see Mr. Gray just a few doors away. He doesn't look like himself and I get concerned. Not long ago he was furious but now he seems flustered, confused maybe. All of that disappears when he notices my presence, he walks to me and asks "What the hell are you doing here Angel?" He seems suspicious of my presence.

"I came to yell at Lola, it's always fun to watch her cry" I say, hiding the truth. I really just wanted to make sure she was okay and comfort her.

"It is, isn't it" he says as an evil smile crosses his face.

I smile back but deep down I am afraid of him. I mean, I care for him like a father, but I don't approve his actions.

He treats Lola so awful and once he caught me helping her and we got in a fight. He threw me a knife to fight back and I had to take it, I know better than to leave a battle with him. It was disrespectful and he would end me, but more importantly end Lola.

"Angel, I'm hungry, ask the cook to make me some food. I'll be in my room" he says, turning around and walking away.

I roll my eyes to myself "why can't you just do it yourself" I say under my breath.

When I get to the kitchen I see the cook setting a bowl of Eric's favorite dish, three cheese tortellini, on the counter. "Looks like you knew I was coming" I say and smile at the cook. I grab the dish for Mr. Gray.

On the way to Eric's room with the food I stop at Lola's. "Are you hungry?" I ask her quietly, putting some on the plate I took.

She looks at me then at the food "won't he notice?" She sounds worried for me.

"It's okay," I assure her "I'll just tell him I ate a little on accident. He wont hurt me" that last part was a lie but I don't like her worried. "I'll be back tonight" I get up and take the rest to Mr. Gray.