"Yeah," Tig coughed violently. "You?"

"Yeah," she gagged from the smoke. "Who was it?"

"That fucker Salazar," Tig growled as sirens grew louder down the street. "Don't worry, we'll get him."

--

"He's going to be heartbroken," Katie sighed, "And there isn't enough to rebuild, even with insurance."

Jax nodded, standing in front of her as she perched on the edge of the pool table. "I'm sorry," he said, heavy with emotion.

"Thank you," she forced a smile.

"You alright?" He asked, reading her expression intently. "Crazy night."

"I'm good," she shrugged. "I should get home so I can shower before I tell him." Covered in soot, sweat and dirt, and looking even worse than she felt, Katie couldn't wait to end her time in Charming.

"Your car is considered part of the crime scene, I think Tig shot it once or twice through the windows, one of my guys can take you home though."

"Of course," she rolled her eyes. "I'd appreciate it."

"You get your pick," Jax winked.

"I'm not in the mood to talk," she said as her eyes fell on Kozik, "And he's a talker. Bald quiet guy, what's his name?" She had enough in her mind to push Happy's name right out of her head.

"Happy," Jax chuckled. "Be nice, he's got a crush."

"I didn't think he had a heart," she scoffed. "Thank you for everything, Jax."

When she stood, slipping off the table, he hugged her before shouting over to Happy. "Can you give her a ride?"

"Yeah," he grumbled casually.

"Make sure it's clear before ya leave her," Jax said quietly. "I'm heading out to meet up with Tig and the others to find this piece of shit."

"I'll hit you up when I leave her," Happy said, still focused on his duty to the club. "We'll find him, don't move on him before I get."

"We'll find him and we'll wait for you," Jax said confidently before sending Happy and Katie on their way.

--

Katie was curled up on the couch, listening to music and sipping tea, as Happy cleared the rooms, after having checked the block and any potential hiding spots around the building. He dragged his feet back into the living room and looked at her with a shrug.

"You're all good."

She nodded, "Thanks."

"I'm gonna head out," he nodded to the door. "If you need anything, hit me up."

"Can you stay?" She suddenly asked, seeming antsy.

He hesitated but nodded, "Sure. You okay?"

"Just freaked out," she was embarrassed. "I think I was in shock or something but the idea of being alone is fuckin' scary."

"You wanna rub my back again?" He tried to joke but it came out cold and awkward.

She drew her head back but just chuckled and shook her head. "Nah, I'm good."

Sitting on the opposite end of the couch, he texted Jax for an update but they had no luck, so he would stay until they did. "Figured I'd ask," he shrugged.

"Feels too much like work," she said apologetically. "Unless you want to rub my feet," she winked. Slithering down she extended her legs to rest her feet on his lap, wriggling her toes at him. "I just got a pedicure the other day."

Happy didn't know how to rub feet and he didn't want to but he ran his nails up and down her calf slowly. He saw Katie smile, relaxing a bit more, and took that as a sign that she enjoyed it. "You're easy."

"You're not," she said plainly. "I can't read you easily and that's part of my job."

"Not being read is part of mine," he said with a shrug.

Katie liked that, she enjoyed his nonchalant attitude and the fact that he wasn't panting at her like the men she had to entertain for work. "You're good at your job."

"You suck at yours," he joked.

"I haven't worked in a while so I guess I'm rusty." Katie pulled her feet away and curled up in a ball. "I don't socialize much so it's refreshing." Not knowing what to say, Happy nodded and just sat quietly until she sat up, slipping down the couch toward him. "You in a relationship?"

"No," he laughed at the thought.

"Good, like I said, I don't socialize, so I want to enjoy this."

She threw her leg over him and pressed her lips to his. His strong arms snaked around her, his hands squeezing her thighs and ass as they kissed. Not long after, he stood, carrying her to the bedroom, and the two took their time and enjoyed the night together. As they 'socialized', his burner was still resting on the end table in the living room.