You're My Person| 45

I lay silently on my side as I traced the tattoos on Sebastian's arm with my finger. He and I remain bare as we lay together. He was still asleep, but I'd woken up about ten minutes ago. The sun was beaming through the windows and Laying here with him felt perfect.

Being wrapped up in these sheets after the night we'd had left me with a wholesome feeling. However, I'm not yet prepared to have the talk. The talk we were going to have about where we stand, what last night all meant, and what we are going to do from here. I don't even know what I'm going to say to him when he wakes up. I'm not sure what to expect.

He told me he loved me last night, several times, but I hope he doesn't mention how I never said it back. I don't think I'm ready to say it back, at least not in the way he means it. I believe that I love him. I don't believe that I am as in love with him as he claims he is with me though.

I sighed softly and quietly turned to face him. The sun hit his face perfectly, he looks so peaceful like this. I can't wait for his beautiful eyes to meet mine when he wakes up. I snuggled closer to him and reveled in the feeling of his touch.

I laid there listening to his heartbeat for a few more minutes before he finally woke up. "I could get used to this."

I tilted my head upward and kissed his jaw as he smiled down at me. "Come on let's get cleaned up."

:::

"Can you still tell?" I asked Sebastian as he sat on the bed in his suit. I stood in front of the mirror trying to use my emergency makeup kit from the car to conceal the small marks he'd left on my neck. "No, not at all."

"You sound like you're lying."

He chuckled as he stood up and placed his hands on my waist. "I promise I can't tell anything's there."

"Okay good. I do not need the fifth degree from my brothers when I meet them for lunch later." I huffed. "When do I get to meet them?" He asked.

"Uhh, you know eventually." I nodded. "No pressure. I'm just curious. I guess I should probably take you on a date before anything else."

"That would be nice," I mumbled. It was then that I'd realized Sebastian and I spent about an hour and a half in tranquility. We hadn't spoken about what he said last night. Or how we'd be moving forward. I sighed heavily and turned around in his arms so I could face him.

"Sebastian, what're we—last night...Last night was, it was amazing. But we haven't really talked about what you said."

"Okay. There isn't much else to say. I love you, you don't have to say it back if you're not ready. I just feel like you should know." He shrugged cooly. "Thank you for being patient with me."

"Of course, love."

"Where do you want this to go? Us I mean." I asked as I tiptoed around voicing my concerns. "I want to be with you. Now and always. And I know I'm not the best person for you, and you're too good for me. But I can't stand seeing you with anyone else."

"I am not too good for you. You aren't perfect but neither am I." I frowned. "You don't have to provide such comforting words."

"Of course I do. I'm always going to. You're annoying but you are not a bad person." I laughed. "Haha very funny." He mocked.

"Listen, I know I haven't taken you on a proper date yet but I can't see a future without you in it. You make me a better person. I need you."

I had no words so I spoke through my actions. I gave him a short kiss and pulled him into a tight hug. "You're really sweet you know that?" I mumbled.

"I try." He chuckled. "I wanna be your person," I stated honestly. "You already are, sweetheart. As I am yours."