31: Family Meeting

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes tightly for a moment and looked back at myself in the mirror. My eyes were filled with tears threatening to fall. I hated the way I currently looked. I havent had any blood since before the bar yesterday, so I was looking paler. The bags under my eyes were obvious, but I didn't know if that was because of the lack of blood or the drugs. When I looked at myself, I thought of Vicki. She was at all those parties with me and Tyler. She would always say 'this was the last time', 'I'm going to get better' but she would always show up at the next party. I said I'd get better, that I'd never take another pill in my life. But all it took was for my heart to hurt and someone to offer and I was so willing.

   I let out a small scream as I ran my hands against the top of my dresser, everything that was once on it now thrown across my room. "I. Am. Better. Than. Vicki." I stared myself in the eyes through the mirror in hopes that I could somehow compel myself into believing it. I hated that Klaus was the reason I decided to take a pill, and now that I thought about it, I hated that Stefan was the reason I decided to drink again. If I didnt sleep with the doppelgänger-obsessed boys, I'd still be completely sober.

   Before I could even comprehend it, my door was on the floor again. "Sorry, I know it just got fixed, but I couldn't get it open." John spoke shyly, as if he wasn't the most confident, cocky guy in the world. "I need you downstairs; family meeting or sorts."

   I wiped my eyes quickly as John looked at all my things on the floor. "I'll pass."

   "C'mon Blair, its important." John sighed, tilting his head as if to attempt a puppy-dog look.

   "If this is to finish that conversation about me being a vampire, I don't really feel like it right now." I groaned, but he shook his head.

   "Not about that, just come down. Stefan and Elena are down there already." John nodded slightly before heading down the stairs.

   I followed after him confused, "if it's a family meeting, why is stefan there?" I asked nobody in particular. I glanced over the stairs and seen Elena, Stefan and John all looking into the kitchen. "What? Family meetings going to be in the hall?"

   I got down the stairs as well and seen what they were looking at. "What the hell."

   "I asked John for a do-over." Isobel spoke, the smallest hint of a smile on her face.

   "You invited her in?!" Elena yelled at John.

   "She has information about Klaus." John said, calmly. "Listen to her, okay?"

   "So do I. We don't need her." I groaned, walking in front of Stefan but behind Elena, "you need to get the hell out of our house, now."

   Stefan placed his hand on my shoulder and walked back in front of me, "wait, Blair." Stefan nodded at me as if a way to tell me 'i got this'. "Alright, what do you know?"

   Isobel turned to her side slightly, gesturing for us to join her in the dining room - like this was an actual family meeting. Stefan sat against the island, Elena paced the kitchen, Isobel sat the table, John stood behind the table and I leaned against the wall.

   "Since I was last here, I have been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you."