6: Werewolves

"Hello?" I answered my phone before checking the time, which read 11:37 AM

"Hey, it's me. Mason told me something about me, and my family. He told me not to tell anyone, but I kind of need to. I'm freaking out, and i didn't know who to tell, but you're the first person who came to mind. And, I just - are you busy today?" Tyler spoke quickly, and quietly, not allowing me to get a word in before he finished.

I sat up on my bed, leaning against the headboard, slightly worried. "I had to be at the picnic in an hour and a half, but I can skip it if you want."

"Uh, no, you shouldn't skip it. Could you just, maybe, come over before? I can tell you what I want to, then you can go to the picnic, thinking about what I told you, then we can talk more afterwards?" Tyler offered, again quietly.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. I'll just get ready and ill be over in a bit." I stood, my phone held in place between my ear and shoulder. "Are you okay, Ty?"

"I guess." He huffed, "I'll see you when you get here. My moms not here, just walk in."

"Okay, see you." I threw my phone onto my bed after hanging up. I squeezed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a kaleidoscope tank top I stole from Bonnie before slipping into a pair of black vans.

"Where are you going in such a rush? The picnic doesn't start until 12:30. I didn't think you'd wake up until at least noon." Elena laughed as she watched me fall over once whilst putting on my left shoe.

"Tyler called, he wants to talk about something. I'll be at the picnic on time, don't worry." I smiled at her as I brushed out my hair, walking towards the bathroom at the same time. "I thought Stefan and you were going to lunch today? Why are you still here?"

"Actually, Stefan and I aren't together right now." Elena shrugged, watching me trade my hair brush for my tooth brush. I looked at her confused as I put tooth paste on the brush.

"Since when? I heard him here last night." I laughed before putting the tooth brush in my mouth.

"Uh, right. He came over to talk it out, but we're still not on good terms- haven't been in a few days. Since Katherine told us to stay apart or she'd kill everyone." Elena leaned against the bathroom door, still watching me.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I stated sincerely after spitting into the sink. "We can talk about it more later, I've got to get to T's."

"Yeah, that's fine." Elena smiled, stopping me once I reached the top of the stairs. "Wait, what does Tyler have to talk to you about?"

"Not sure. He said it was important, though." I shrugged, "see you at the picnic."

-

As Tyler told me to, I just walked into the house. The whole mansion was silent, making the front door echo slightly when I shut it. "Tyler? It's me." I called out, setting my phone and keys on the table in front of the door.