18: The Death of Rose-Marie

"Wow

"Wow." Maggie gawked as she climbed out of my car. She didn't wait for me to get out of car before she skipped towards the door.

"Slow down, Maggie! It's just a house." I laughed as I pulled my keys from the ignition and made my way towards her. "You act as though you've never seen a house before."

"I haven't seen one this size before!" Maggie smiled, running the pads of her fingers against the front door.

I shook my head, letting out a light laugh as I opened the door. I walked in first, Maggie only steps behind me. "Oh my god.. Oh my god!" Maggie jumped giddily. "This is, wow. I want to live here. I need to live here."

"Calm yourself, Mags." I grinned, watching her slowly spin to get a good look at everything in the lounge room.

"I can't believe Stefan lives here! Theres gotta be like fifty bedrooms in this place. And it's kind of got a dark and cold feel." Maggie nodded to herself, "it needs a women's touch. Stefan needs me. I will happily live here with him and your Damon and I'll brighten it up."

"As much as I think they'd love having you live here, this house has been styled this way for decades, I doubt they'll let you change a thing." I continued to watch her as she looked around the kitchen, and second sitting area.

"Blair!" Maggie yelled, as if I weren't in the room with her. "Look. At. All. These. Books! There's got to be hundreds! Stefan's always liked reading, do you think he's read all of these?!"

"It's very possible." I heard Elena and Rose upstairs. "How would you like to meet my sister? She's up in Damon's room right now."

Magnolia squinted at me, "how do you know they're in that exact room?"

"Because Rose is Damon's, uh, friend." I didn't lie, but i wasn't telling her that I could hear them from here. "Damon would have her stay in his room."

Maggie only nodded, looking over the books once more, "okay. Let's go meet Elena, and Rose."

As we started walking up the stairs, Maggie stopped at the top. "Isn't Rose the one that slept with Damon? Isn't this going to be awkward?"

"Rose is indeed the one Damon slept with, but it shouldn't be awkward. And even if it is, we're going to act like it's not because Rose is sick." I sighed, "come on."

We walked into Damon's room, and again Maggie was shocked at how big the room was. "Blair, hey." Elena stated awkwardly, "what are you doing here?"

"Damon is still trying to find a cure, so he asked if I could come check on you guys." I smiled small, happy that she spoke to me at all. "Uh, this is Magnolia. She's a friend of mine from Chicago."

"The old roommate, right?" Elena faked a smile towards Maggie. "Whenever Blair called, she tell me some story about your guys' day."

"Yeah." Maggie smiled, not sure of what else to say. It's not like she could say "oh, yeah, Blair told me a lot about you, too." Because I didn't until today. "It's nice to meet you."