let's not fall in love part one

Start from the beginning

1:27am

jungkook: get home safe?

you: .. you walked me inside bro

jungkook: u okay?

you: YES

jungkook: i miss u
jungkook: i want to see u

you: it's been a minute
you: stop texting me

jungkook: ok beautiful
jungkook: <3 <3 <3

3:58am

you: you awake?

jungkook: what r u doing
jungkook: wtf u looked like u were going to die when i walked u inside ur dorm
jungkook: why r u awake

you: i'm hungry TT
you: wanna go eat at the 24/7 sushi bar?

jungkook: it's four am

jungkook is about to send his no as his answer, but he remembers that he's trying to get you to fall for him, which means he should always listen to you and try to spend as much time with you.

jungkook: ok.
jungkook: why not
jungkook: and bring a jacket
jungkook: it's cold

you smile at his text, and quickly grab a oversized jumper and a pair of grey sweatpants. you're not really the type to wear anything when you're sleeping. it's more comfortable like that.

despite getting ready in less than two minutes, jungkook is already waiting for you outside of your dorm, coincidentally dressed just like you.

"hey, we're twins." you comment as you quietly shut the door. jungkook raises his brow and smiles charmingly at you. how did he look so good in a fluffy black jacket and grey sweatpants with bed hair topped on top of his head at 4am?

"no we aren't. we're a couple. let's go." his voice is quite croaky, deeper and huskier than usual it arouses you. you would love to hear that voice all the time. he steps towards you and grabs your hand gently. "can't believe you're hungry for sushi at 4am. also can't believe you looks so pretty bare faced with your hair tied in a loose bun in grey sweatpants at 4am. i'm jealous of the guy who is going to see you like this every day."

"eh, save that shit for later, jungkook. i'm not going to get married anyways." you reply as you get into the elevator together hand in hand. "happy and healthy relationships don't exist."

"yes they do." jungkook says as he presses on the ground level button. "my parents are still in love after thirty years. and my brother is married to the love of his life."

"maybe you can only feel something you believe in." you shrug. "everyone has different motives. there hasn't ever been one successful relationship around me. i don't know, love is stupid."

"you don't think about coming home to someone one day, dropping off your children at school, or being able to kiss someone whenever you want for the rest of your life?" the elevator opens and jungkook grips your hand tighter when the cold wind brushes past the both of you. "you want a lonely future?"