"Don't call me, Cutie," I told him sternly.

"Why not, Cutie?"

"Stop pushing me to my limits."

"I didn't mean to make a cute girl like you mad."

I smacked him hard; my hands moved by itself. I didn't know why I slapped him; it just happened. All eyes turned to me. I was used to getting a lot of attention but not for things like this. Tears started to roll down my cheeks, and all I could think about was Yui. Crap, this was embarrassing. I could hear muttering and laughter all around. I took my bag and ran out of the class humiliated. Why did I do that?

*****************

"So you, like, just slapped him across his face?"  Sam laughed.

"Sam," I giggled, "this isn't funny."

"Well, you don't sound like you're serious."

We both laughed. I love Sam. She was always there for me.

"You, Girlfriend, should totally bat your baby blue eyes at him and ask for his forgiveness."

 "That so does not fit in the character I am protraying."

"Okay, fine. Go on one knee and beg for his forgiveness in your own nerdy way," she chuckled.

"Oh, Sam, why did I call you? Anyways, my break is ending. I'll talk to you later. Bye, Love!"

"Bye, Babe."

**************

I was happy when English, last lesson of the day, arrived. Unfortunately, I didn't stay happy for long. I never noticed that Jason and I were in the same English class. This was so awkward. I'll keep a low profile, and hopefully, he won't notice me.

"Sitting on a wooden chair

Giving the young boy a stare

Not even noticing her hair

She is now giving me a glare."

"You and your poems, Subs. I was not staring at anyone, okay? And what's wrong with my hair!"

" Why does she oppose, to a statement that's true, her emotion it shows, she's having the blues." Subs giggled, "and nothing is wrong with your hair, that was the first thing I thought of that rhymed with chair."

"Does it really show that I'm upset?"

"Not that much, but I can tell something is not right."

"Well, okay, see that guy behind Claire?"

"Oh, Jason? He's looking mighty fine, better make him mine."

"Stop staring! He'll know we're talking about him."

"Oh, Jami-"

"Jamie Myers and Subz Aymid, since you are talking, you clearly have finished your poem. Read out your first stanzas," Mrs. Joann interrupted.

Crap. I might be smart, but poems and me are like two immiscible liquids. We do not mix.

"Go on, Jamie."

"Right, yeah."

I stood up and thought of something that just popped in my mind.

"So then the phone rang...

Bring bring it went.

That's when the birds sang

And dad started....uh...fixing the tent."

Oh God why. I think that was by far the lamest statement I've ever said. So much for not grabbing attention.

 "Even my five year old son could come up with something better. Pay more attention, Subs?"

"That day when you took me to the fair

And that moment when you stroked my hair

I could feel the butterflies within me arise

And that's just when you gazed into my eyes."

"Not bad for something you made on the spot. I'm letting you guys off the hook this time. Class dismissed."

"That was really good Subz, I think I've got goosebumps now -"

I felt a hand on top of my shoulder. Ugh, was Mrs. Joann really going to give me a lecture after class?

 --------------

This was edited by The_Black_Butterfly

 Dedicated to you because of your funny chem knowledge <3