CHAPTER 25: ERASED

Chapter 25: Erased

Muli kong tinungga ang laman ng bote ng beer na nasa gilid ko. Kanina pa ako umiinom dahil pakiramdam ko ay sobrang tagal bago matapos ang karera kung saan kasali si Lowie. I need this thing that will help me to have the courage to talk to him. Even if I will use intimidation to talk to him, I will. Pero matatakot ba sa akin si Lowie?

The last time, kasama niya ang mga bad breath niyang minions kaya matapang siya. Or maybe he really is. After reading all the contents of that notebook, I am determined to talk to him. Muli akong uminom at kinuha ang notebook ni Phobie mula sa maliit na dala kong bag at sinimulang basahin iyon.

If you're reading this right now, dalawang bagay lang iyan. You break through the clues that I left behind or you just happened to step on the rug. This isn't like the notebook of Ryuk who can kill whoever's name is written here. This is called a death note because my life is at risk as I am writing this. Yes, the more I write in this notebook, the more I risk my life.

Probably by now, I am a cold corpse thrown out somewhere by those bad guys. Well I'm not writing this to tell you the story of my life. Let's go straight to the point.

It was December 11 of last year when I first saw them. Doctors. I thought they're doctors because they're wearing lab gowns but then I realized that they're scientists and they're part of a group they always call 'organization.'

They're making some drugs. At first I thought that they're smuggling diamonds but when I had the chance to get a fistful of those blue diamonds, I figured out that they're drugs. Those blue packs are drugs.

They are drugs that enhances the cognitive aspect of individuals. I know how it works because I can hear every conversation clearly at the secret laboratory behind the hideout of a freak like me. The drug's aim is easy. To control the cognitive aspect of individuals making him so smart to the point that he can hear voices from a telephone conversation; can see signals and waves travelling. In other words, the drug that they are designing is to make people monsters. As of now, the drug isn't perfect yet. The only thing that it can do is to allow people read ahead others' possible actions. Ginagawang sobrang talino ng drugs na iyon ang isang tao. I know it because I have
tried it myself. I sniffed the drugs that I got and it was so good. I should say that it felt like I'm God myself. Pakiramdam ko ay ako si Lucy and I know all things. Hell, those drugs are really incredible but the adverse effects are really dangerous. They destroy human cells and prevent our body from creating anti-bodies. The year ended and I forgot about Athena and those drugs until the next school year entered. They're back again and this time, the drugs had levelled up. It's still the same blue smart drugs only that it became more wicked. The organization's aim now is to use the drugs against some mafia groups. They want to use the drugs to some people who can apprehend the mafia's works with the help of the drugs even if the adverse effect is death. What's more is the drug melts all the cells in the body and nothing will be left, not even a trace.

That was the last entry that I read in her notebook noong nasa Athena ako. I felt my body stiffened upon rereading the notebook. She said she's probably a cold corpse pero hindi kami nawalan ng pag-asa at hinanap namin siya dati. That was a bloody reunion. Sinong mag-aakalang magkikita kaming lahat sa iisang lugar? And we did everything to help her.

I continue reading the next pages kung saan may ilang pahina na pinunit.

You may have hated me right now and you are probably thinking na niloko kita. Honestly, I felt so guilty kaya wala na akong mukha na maihaharap sayo so I'm giving you this notebook back. Right now, I already left the country at nasa malayong lugar na ako. Far from everyone, especially the Genesis and I have no plans of returning. If you think na niloko kita dati, Yes but only partly. I partly lied and partly told you the truth. Truth that I was help as captive. Not as human sample or carrier but as a hostage. You wouldn't believe it but I was born in a family connected to this organization. Dad's a scientist and one of the minds who created STX. Binawi ko ang notebook na ito mula kay Zywon dahil natatakot ako. Natatakot akong mapahamak si Dad and then I let myself be a hostage and left the notebook. Pero nalaman nila iyon so all I have to take it back from you. Ngunit hindi ko inaakalang matutunton niyo kami and you tried all your best to help. That's when I told myself that I have a newly found friend. But I never thought they would strap me a bomb kahit na nakiusap si Daddy na wag gawin iyon. To make the long story short, I exploded with the bomb but I survive because it miraculously unstrapped. I recovered and live a normal life sa probinsya where Dad kept me. He continued working for them kahit labag iyon sa kalooban niya. Hanggang sa isang araw, umuwi si Daddy sa probinsya na may kasamang lalaki. He said it was his friend and I call him Tito Van. Naging magkaibigan kami so I open up the story of my scar with him. I told him about you and how brave you are when you tried to save me. And guess what, he said that you really are brave dahil anak ka niya.