Chapter 3

America's POV

I wake up and I can barely move. Everything hurts. My head is pounding and my back is throbbing. Then I remember what happened. Then I realized that I was in my room and my back is bandaged. How did I get here? Who brought me here? No. Please tell me that Maxon didn't bring me here. I start to panic until I hear Mary crying.

"Oh good your awake!" She hugs me lightly trying to avoid me slashes.

  "Mary who brought me here?" I said holding her hand.

"I did. The Ki-king called me into his office and then I sa-saw you and he said if I told anyone about what he did to you then he would take my job-ob and turn-urn me into an Eight." She was sobbing into my bed while I rubbed her back.

  "Shh it's ok, it's ok." She looks up at me and holds my hand. "So no one else knows about this? Just you?" She nods her head and I sigh in relief. " Good don't tell anyone. Anyone, ok?"

"Not even Ma-axon?" She says starting to cry again.

"Especially not Maxon. I'm serious Mary no one knows." I said as forcefully as I could. She nods and tells me that I should be able to walk by tomorrow if I take it easy for the rest of the day. Apparently the King only caned me 5 times so I should be good by lunch tomorrow. So I plan to sleep as much as I can till tomorrow.

Maxon's POV

America's maid Mary told me that America is not feeling well and that America told her that no one is to visit her because she does not want to risk anyone getting sick as well. Which makes sense. I guess though earlier she seemed fine. I head down to America's room anyway to see that it is only her in there and she is sleeping. I walk over and kiss her on the forehead and see that she is a little pale. I kiss her cheek then leave. She is so beautiful and I can't wait to make her mine and only mine.