Chapter 7

Maxon's POV

As I leave I hear America crying. Then I realized I didn't tell her what I was doing. Then again she would have probably stop me. I had to find my mom. America said it herself, she wasn't going to answer my questions. Especially if I'm the one asking them. I turn and see my mother walking back to her room. She sees me and walks over. I can tell she's about to scold me for what I said to my father. The only thing is that he started it. Great. Now I sound like I'm 6 again.

"Maxon how dare you say those things to your father?" She scolds looking me in the eyes. I know if I'm going to do this I have to do it now.

"Mom can you come with me? I want to show you something." I ask her looking anywhere but at her. She looks at me skeptically then nods her head. I take her into my room and start explaining,

"Now mom what I'm about to show and tell you is going to be hard to hear. I'm telling you this because of to reasons: first, you should just know and I didn't tell you before because I didn't want to hurt you and because I was scared. Second, I need you to do me a favor."

"Oh no. You got America pregnant already didn't you?" She asks looking me. My eyes widen and I blush at the same time.

"No,no,no,no,no. No!" She sighs in relief and puts a hand over her heart.

"Good. I don't know what your father would've done to you." She laughed lightly at her accusation she had just said.

"No, but this does have something to do with him. And America." I say looking at the wooden floors. "I'll just show you." I turned around to show her my back. As I took off my shirt I heard her gasp. I put my shirt back on and turn to face her. There were tears in her eyes.

"Max-Maxon di-did he do that to you?" I nod my head and she starts to fall to the ground. I rush over to her and hug her. She keeps crying and I hold her till she's ready to talk. "HOW! How could he do that to his only son. His only child!" She yells I keep holding her and stroking her hair. It was time she knew and I'm kind of happy I told her.

"I'm so sorry mom. I should have told before, and not years to tell you." I say as I help her off the ground.

"Wait? This as happening for years?!" I nod and frown. "When you said this has something to do America do you mean...?" I nod again looking at the floor ready to cry. She lets out another sob. "What's the favor?" She asked me looking up.

"What?" I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion.

"You said that the second reason you told was for a favor you needed." She said looking down again.

"I need you to talk to America for me. She won't answer my questions." I said my eyes getting watery.

"When did he hurt her?" She asked monotoned.

"I don't know. Recently though. I know that." I said as a tear slide down my cheek.

"I'll talk to her. Can you just do one thing for me, Maxon?" I nod as she wiped the tear away. "Don't blame yourself for this. I can tell you are." She tells me cupping my face in her hands.

"But-" I start but she cut me off.

"It's not your fault, Maxon." She said forcefully. I nod and hug her again. We hear the day open and a guard came in.

"My queen, the King requested your presence." The guard said formally.

"Tell the King he can wait. I have to talk to Lady America." She said coldy.

"Yes, Your Majesty." He leaves the room shutting the door behind him. I give her a sad smile. I'm glad that she is so determined to talk to America.

"What do I ask her?" She said while wiping away tears.

"Ask her when, why, and things like that. She already told how many times he struck her." I clear my throat. I hate that this happen to America and that she won't talk about it with me. A tear slides down my face and my mom comes and wipes it away.

"Okay you wait here and I'll go talk to her." I nod and she hugs me and kisses my forehead. I watch her leave and I start to pace the room.

America's POV

I'm laying in my bed crying when I hear a knock at the door. The person comes in without me answering and I know it's Maxon until I here high heels clicking against the wood floors.

"America?" I turn around not expecting the queen to be in front of me.