Chapter 18

America's POV

I wake up with a horrible headache. I open my eyes but that only made it worse. The side of my head also really hurt. I turn my head and see Maxon looking down at our hands. He hadn't noticed that I was awake. I squeezed his hand and his eyes shot up to meet mine.

"America?" He whispered.

"Yea?"

"You scared the hell out of me." I giggled

"Sorry."

"How are you feeling?"

"Good, I have a little headache though."

"Little as in huge." He said.

"Yea." He smiled and bent down to kiss me but just before our lips touch there was a quiet  sob. Both Maxon and I turned to the sound. Amberly was crying in the corner alone.

"My father he died." Maxon said with no emotion. He looked down and I stroked his hand with my thumb. Just then a wave of pain came over me. It hurt really bad. It felt like a migraine. I tried my best to stay quiet, I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. Maxon noticed because I felt him climb into the bed and held me. He would kiss my hair and stroke it.

"I'm okay." I said after awhile.

"Why are the most important women in my life in pain?" I just sighed. Amberly stood up.

"Excuse me." She said and walked out. Maxon and I both looked at each other and I nodded. He got up and left. My family came and told me that the doctors wanted to check them out that's we they weren't here when I woke up.

"Where's Maxon?" May asked climbing into the bed with me.

"He is with his mother."

"I feel really bad for her." Kenna said grabbing my hand. I sigh as my headache gets worse.

"How are you feeling America?" My mom asked.

"I have a headache but other than that I feel fine."

"I'm going to go get the doctor." My mom left the room to find the doctor.

"This is bringing back memories from when dad died for her." Kenna told me. I nodded in understanding. I never thought of that. I'm so lost I'm in thought I didn't noticed the doctor come in, along with Maxon. Maxon knelt down next to me kissing my temple and grabbing my hand.

"Hello Princess America." Dr. Ashlar said. Maxon squeezed my hand looking up at me smiling and I did the same.

"Hello."

"It looks like you a have concussion from the blast. You also cut the side of your head and have 3 stitches they should be able to come out in a week, but because off your concussion try to take it easy. It was only a mild concussion. If you want you can go up to your room."

"Thank you Dr. Ashlar."

"Anytime, Your Majesty." I felt my eyes widen as he turned to leave. Now that I'm royalty everyone has to address me as 'Your Majesty' now. I heard Maxon and my family chuckle at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Just the fact that you are freaking out about your new name." Maxon said still laughing.

"I completely forgot about that." I said.

"We noticed." He kissing my hand.

"We'll give you two some privacy." My mom said. Everyone left and I turned back to Maxon as he climbed back into the bed. Without a moments hesitation he put his lips on mine. It was a light, slow kiss. I deepen it making it a passionate, slow kiss. He got on top of me and kissed down my neck. He got back up to my lips slowed the kiss. He pulled back and caressed my cheek with his thumb.