What if I?

"I used to always think ever since we met. What can I do to make you like me more? What can I do to make you hug me more? I used to always think, always think.. What if I became transparent like water? You could see all of me, but no then I'd slip through your fingers and wouldn't be able to be hugged. What if I became intense like lightening? I could protect you from anything that attacks you, but no then even you'd be afraid and I wouldn't be able to be by your side anymore. What if I became passionate like fire? I could snuggle you anytime you're cold, but no then I might become too happy and accidentally burn you. What if I became silent like darkness? I won't be able to come out to the surface normally, but I can support you from where I can't be seen. But no, then you might forget about me. What if I shined like the light? No matter how dark the road is, I could brighten it for you. But no, then I'd be the only one to stand out, and you'd become a shadow. What if I became calm like nature? I could kindly hold you when we're feeling down, but no then I couldn't be spoiled anymore. What if I became brave like ice? We could occasionally fight with all our might and both become stronger, but no, I'd melt when you burn me in your warm chest when it was time to make up. I thought and thought and then received these words from you "Even if you don't try that hard, you're the one I love most." I was so, so happy. I love you the most too."

~Unknown