Gracie grinned. "Even better!" She squealed as she continued to shake me.

"Gracie!" I laughed as I forced her to stop shaking me. "Take in a deep breathe and tell me what the is going on."

My best friend did as she was told and took in a few deep breathes. When she had managed to gain her composure, she grinned widely again and said, "You won't believe who's back in the city!" She then began clapping her hands like an excited child getting a new doll or something.

 I smirked. "Freddie Kruger?"

Gracie slapped my arm. "Idiot!" She cried. "Vincent Gray, the lead singer of Ever After who so happens to be your childhood best friend is back in Toronto! You should be more excited about this than I am!" She grinned up to me as she waited for my response.

I raised an eyebrow at my friend. "Vincent Gray?" I repeated.

Gracie nodded while still giving me a hopeful look in her eyes. I guess she was expecting for me to jump for joy or something since the boy who I used to be best friends with was back in town, however, my reaction was the complete opposite of what she probably expected out of me. Instead, I just stood there and let out a loud snort as all the headlines about Vincent Gray and his band popped up into my thoughts. 

Over the past two years, no one could deny the fact that the stardom of being in a famous pop rock band had gotten to Vincent's head. Every interview he ever did with someone, he immediately gave off the vibe of a typical arrogant celebrity who cared about nothing else besides the amount of gel that was put into his hair. However, since Vincent Gray had smouldering hazel eyes and a voice that could make any girl swoon, every girl on the face of this planet was in love with him.  Never mind that the dude was a complete jackass who was selfish and overly confident about himself, every one of his fans still adored the rockstar anyway. Me, on the other hand, well, I was able to see right pass his looks and just saw someone who needed a major reality check.

"He probably just got forced to finish senior year by his parents because he's been acting up lately," I stated with a shrug.

Gracie rolled her eyes. "How could you know that for a fact, Carson?" She asked, putting a hand to her hip.

 "Well, for one thing," I replied, holding up one finger. "My mother is best friends with the rockstar's mom and I hear them talk about Vincent all the time. I mean, the woman literally confides to my mom about how out of control Vincent is, and how all he does is party day and night. I don't even need to read People Magazine to know what's up with him, I just poke head out of my bedroom door and BAM! I hear the latest gossip there is about Vincent Gray. "

 "Oh. Forgot about that."

I laughed as the bell rang. My friend and I exchanged glances to one another and laughed once more as we gave each other a hug. 

"I'll see you at lunch," I said as turned in the direction of the office. "See you!"

"Wait. Why are you going to the office though?" I heard Gracie call out.

I looked over my shoulder "I have to talk to the principal. He said he wanted to speak with me today."

Gracie nodded and after saying our adieus one last time, we went out separate ways. As I walked down the long corridor and down the staircase of my high school, I knew I should have taken the shortcut to the office. However within a few minutes, I managed to get there anyways and found myself pushing through the large crowds of freshmens who were desperately trying to make their way to class.

Once I reached the front foyer where the office was located, through the glass window I could already see a tall and well-built young man (whom I have never seen in school before) standing with his back facing the door as he talked to the secretary. Just as I opened the door, the principal came walking out of his room and he gave me warm smile.