Chapter Seventeen : A Seat At the Table

Chapter Seventeen : A Seat at the Table

Travis McCloud

    I was pacing back and forth in my dorm.

    Corey and the other guys had left to get something to eat while I stayed here.

I didn't know what to do.

I wanna talk to him, but then again I want to give him his space.

       But I also know that if I want him to understand me, I have to take charge of our relationship. No more allowing him to walk over me.

I heard the door open and the guys laughing as they walked in. I decided on sitting down since it would probably look weird if I was just walking around talking to myself in this cramped ass room.

"Ayee, wassup Trav!" Corey said once he noticed my presence.

"Sup." I nodded. I didn't mean to be rude or dry but I couldn't get Shawn off of my mind. It'll probably get even harder the longer I hold off talking to him.

"What's wrong with you man? In here by yourself looking sad and lonely." He laughed playfully sitting beside me.

"Nothing. I don't wanna really talk about it so just Leave it alone." I said honestly not wanting to discuss any of this whole mess with them.

"Come on Trav, we your boys man. We live together. You can tell us whatever." He said nudging me with his shoulder a little bit.

I was getting irritated because I hate when people continue to bug me about something that I obviously don't wanna talk about. Some people really don't know when to just leave it alone.

"Just leave it alone Corey."

"He probably let some lil' bitch break his heart." I heard Zeek say from the sidelines as he always does. At this point, I was getting aggravated.

"Why don't you worry about not being out of breathe while you're talking and Mind your business fatass."

"Pig face bastard."

"Shut the hell up you fat fuck!"

"Don't be mad at me because you let some lil' bitch put you in your feelings."

" Quit calling him a bitch!" I got up from out my spot and yelled because of how mad I was getting. He was getting too disrespectful.

"Him? You mean her right?"

"No, I had it right." I nodded.

"You mean to tell me you gay Travis?" Corey looked at me with confusion as both Michael and Zeek looked to me for my answer.

"Yeah." I said with a certain base in my voice. A confidence I wished I had in High school. I honestly didn't care what they thought. Whatever they did think was completely irrelevant to me and my feelings.

"Fucking fag." Zeek blurted out.

I opened my mouth to retort but Corey quickly cut me off by standing up in front of my view of Zeek, "Travis man you gotta get your stuff and go man. It's what's best."

"I'm not getting shit!" I said raising my tone at the idea that they were trying to kick me out of my own room.

"You heard him fuckboy! We don't want you here."

"Look Travis bro, I can't be around no gay dudes. That's not attracting no female. At all." He stated, this time using hand gestures.