Chapter Five : Trouble Finds Us

( Danny in Media ]

Shawn Kents.

"What does this button do ?" I pointed to a pink square on the PS4 controller. Bryson has been bugging me since I told him I don't play games. Especially basketball, I usually left that all to Travis.

"Fix the way your holding it," he chuckled, getting up and coming behind me to adjust my m, his face close enough to touch my own.

I really don't know how to do this shit. I could feel his warm breathing hit my neck, causing me to shiver uncontrollably.

"You all uncoordinated and shit." He chuckled again.

"Don't laugh. I don't play this shit." I rolled my eyes.

"That square is to steal the ball, triangle is to block and "x" is to pass"

I smirked to myself, " You had to get behind me just to show me that?"

"Yeah. How else could I have done it?" he said sitting back down, looking at me.

"I dont know. Without touching on me?" I raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled looking back at the T.V screen, "aight, aight. I wont touch you no more."

"Mhm." I mumbled.

He started the game and I'm already losing by 10. He just told me he was gonna go easy on me like three minutes ago.

Niggas be lying.

Before I know it, He's dunking on me. Off the backboard and all that basketball trade term bullshit.

"Why you cheating for?" I said almost too seriously. I was gettiing mad I was losing like this.

"I aint cheating you just suck." he said keeping his eyes glued to the Tv. I rolled my eyes and kept playing, he's blowing me out by 20 now. I'm bored as hell actually. I dont know how boys do it. Watching a ball pass around, and go back and forth for about 45 minutes straight is not fun to me.

"So what is Kayla to you?" He asked still not taking his eyes from the TV.

"Kayla is my annoying ass bestfriend."

"Ahh," he chuckled, " No wonder she cussed you out like that when she was over here."

"Over here?" I raised an eyebrow confused before I thought about it, "oh yeah, she did yell at me for having her sleep with a stranger."

"You deserved it." he smirked.

"No, I told you to make sure she got home. Home isn't in your bed." I snapped back.

"Well you didn't really give me much to go off of when you rushed out of the party. Meeting ya' girl I assume." he sat back in his chair. He looked disappointed for some reason.

"Nope." I popped the 'P'. "Just an Ex."

"Oh. What she look like ?"

"She?" I questioned, pausing the game "Whoever said it was a she?"

"Nobody," he said quickly, turning his look of disappointment to a shocked one, "I just assumed 'cause you don't act like you- you know." he cut himself off.

"Is something wrong with being gay?" I cocked my head to the side, waiting on his answer.

"Nope. Not at all." he bit his lip.

He's one of the first people to tell me that. Sure, I don't come out of the gate waving my rainbow flag, wearing a wig and lipstick but I didn't think it was that hard to tell I was gay.