4. | It's a deal

She was poetry in a world

that was still learning the alphabet.

- Unknown

| It's a deal |

"Is it not crazy how you are the same age as the universe because matter can never be created or destroyed?" Says Mr. O'Brien.

I often find myself contemplating the reasons behind exsistence, and Mr. O'Brien is one of the reason as to why I find myself thinking such things. Without a doubt, he is my favourite teachers. He makes me feel as though I want to learn, he makes me want a bright future; in astronomy.

I wish to solve the unsolvable.

I pick up my pen, and begin writing what Mr. O'Brien speaks, knowing very well that I do not wish to forget any of this information.

>>>>

"Don't you think cherry tomatoes taste so different incomparison to normal tomatoes?" Ava asks the table eyeing her cherry tomato.

"Yeah, cherry tomatoes taste better!" I say popping one into my mouth.

"Tomatos taste shit in general. Why would you put those.. red balls into your mouth!" Jack says throwing his hands up in outrage.

I can't help but shake my head at Jack, "It happened 7 years ago! If you could just grow some balls and get over this weird fear of yours."

Jack shakes his head no as he says, "It was traumatising Elena! I can't come back from it!" He puts his head in his hand as a dramatic gesture, to which I role my eyes, a small smile however, plays on my lips.

From the corner of my eyes I see Ava eyeing me suspiciously, I look up at her and raise a brow, to this she merely shrugs with a smirk playing on her lips.

A few minutes pass and I see Jack doing almost the exact same thing as Ava. Following Jack, is Cole. What is happening?

I stab my fork into my bland pasta in frustration, as I groan, "Why do you guys keep staring at me like that?" I say pointing to each on of them.

Ava, Jack and Cole look from one another to me before Jack finally decides to speak up, "It's nothing really, just us being silly." He says chuckling ever so slightly.

What the fuck? Ok.

I groan once again before diverting my eyes to the white wall that is a few feet away from our table.

I feel Ava nudge my shoulder with hers, I look at her as she motions me to follow her gaze. I look to the front of the cafeteria as I see the 4 notorious bad boys of Westview high.

I send her a questioning look in attempt to play off the uneasy feeling in my stomach. Ava wiggles her eyes slightly as she smirks. I shake my head at her slightly.

I look down at my watch and notice that I have somewhere to be in less than five minutes. I excuse myself from the table, as my friends send me questioning looks. I play it off as best I can before exiting the cafeteria.

The halls are empty, only a few loose papers to be seen on the nearly spotless floor.

I find myself in the schools planetarium as I sit myself down in one of the seats. Staring at the digital stars that play above me.

Not many people don't know is that the planetarium is open during lunch and it just so happens to be my favourite secret spot in school.

I can't help but wonder as I watch the stars which ones they are. I wonder if they're looking down on me, I wonder if they're proud of me.

"So," a voice from behind me says causing me to almost literally jump out of my seat, "this is where the schools most mysterious girl goes to spend half her lunchtimes every Wednesday and Thursday." I turn around only to be faced with a pair of piercing green eyes.

I glare daggers at the dangerously hot male. "So, first you nearly kill me, then just so happen to show up at my house of all damn houses and now you're stalking me too?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"When you put it like that, it sounds a little psychotic. However, I assure you that I have no intention of 'stalking' you," he says using his fingers as quotation marks, "you just intrigue me. You're a mystery, and my favourite genre happens to be the world mystery."

"Mysterious and me?" I let out a humour laugh as I compare the two in my head. "Did you friends put you up to some dare or some shit?" I ask seriously.

Carson looks taken back at my seriousness, but recovers with a smirk as he sits in the seat next to me. "No, elena Thomas, no one put me up to this. I came her purely out of my own curiosity."

I stare at Carson's face as I come to realise that I am sitting down and having a one on one chat to the Carson Heath. Our faces a few inches apart as we're both studying one another's features.

I quickly look away clearing my throat and feeling awkward. "You know, mystery happens to be my favourite genre too," I say honestly and challengingly, Carson raises an eyebrow curious to see where I'm going with this information, I breathe in continuing, "so, how about a challenge? Whoever uncovers the hidden secrets behind the other first, in the span of a month or possibly two has to..." I trail off, unable to think of a good forfeit.

"Has to do something of the other persons choice?" Carson suggests. "That'll do until we think of something more interesting."

"I can agree to that." I say holding my hand out for Carson to shake, he smirks before grabbing my hand and giving it a firm shake.

"It's a deal. Prepare to face defeat Elena Thomas."

Carson Heath, you have no idea how easy this challenge is going to be for me. You're not getting anything out of me anytime soon.

_________

I really hope this book is somewhat enjoyable! Thank you to those who have left amazing comments about enjoying the contents of my book so far! It's means more than I can say.

Until next time my loves x