HUNGER Ch.4

Chapter 4

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY AMAZING FRIEND @i_am_no_man THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR ME IF ITS JUST TO LEND AN EAR OR TO BE CRAZY AND INSANE WITH ME :)

I woke up to an alarm drilling in my ears and my head shot up fast. Unfortunately since I had been studying and writing last night I didn't make it to the bed. Which meant when I pulled my head up, my typed essay paper came up with my head as well.

What can I say? I guess sometimes I drool when I'm really tired. I carefully peeled my essay off my cheek. After double checking that the ink hadn't been smeared in any way and after wrinkling my nose in disgust at how unpleasant of a wake up this was I finally slammed my hand down on my alarm clock which was still drilling loudly near my head, then flicked off the switch so that it wouldn't think I had just hit snooze. My mom would throw a gussy fit if I was gone and it decided to go off while she was still trying to sleep. Been there, done that. Didn't end well for me in the end. I had to sit and listen to her lecture me about the importance of her beauty sleep and blah blah blah. Yeah definitely never making that mistake again. I had a red hand print on my check for the next couple hours after that talk.

I got dressed into a Led Zeppelin shirt and a washed out pair of denim, bell bottom jeans, threw on some plain white converse that I had drawn all over with many multicolored sharpies that once had fruity smells to them, one day when I was bored, and headed to the restroom down the short hall. I once again smirked slightly seeing the off colored wall. That memory will never get old.

Once infront of the mirror I washed my face then pulled out a small pouch. Unlike most girls my age I didn't really fuss too much about caking on the layers of makeup. As a 19 year old girl my mom still didn't understand my own personal philosophy of "what you see is what you get."

Personally I thought it worked out pretty well for me. My mom tried to dress me up once all glammer and glitz. Of course she tried caking on the makeup and curling my dark blood red hair so that it hung in perfect ringlets and tried to make my bangs frame my heart shaped face. How did that go for her? Not well. Not well at all. I felt like I wasn't even myself anymore.

When I say "what you see is what you get", I mean the looks, the personality, my attitude, sarcasm, all of it. It doesn't matter who you are. I am me and I'm not changing for anyone.

After applying light brown eyeshadow that had a very slight shimmer and putting on the basic foundation along with the bare minimum amount of mascara, which my mom liked to say brought out my doe brown eyes, I deemed myself fit for another day of college.

I didn't even spare a backwards glance at that mirror. Yes I know. Insert shocked gasps from a wide majority of girls. Call it a rare trait.

I like to say...

What you see is what you get.