HUNGER ch.1

Chapter 1

(VAMPIRE GUY POV)

I stared into the girls fear filled eyes as she whimpered.

She was just another face though. Plain in every way just like every other human on this earth.

Her hair was brown and hung past her shoulders. Her mascara ran down her cheeks and her perfectly manicured nails were desperately clawing at my hand that was clasped around her delicate neck. Her struggles were futile though, my grip was like an iron vice and couldn't be broken.

But giving them fleeting hope that they had a chance to escape was all part of the fun. It added a certain excitement to the chase. I enjoy playing with my food. It made the meal all the more... Satisfying.

Well I had already given this one a good long chase. One which in her panicked stupor led her into a dead end of an ally. Far away from any witnesses, stupid human. I smiled down at her, my smile holding no warmth whatsoever. Only causing her to quiver under her breath.

In that moment just like the countless others before her, her face took on an odd look of hopelessness and resignation. Amusing how long it always took them to realize that they were inevitably going to die.

Well she isn't going to be any fun anymore. The girl had her eyes now focused upon my mouth. If I didn't know better i'd say she wanted to kiss me.

But I did know better. She didn't want to kiss me. Her gaze was drawn to my front incisors which had grown in anticipation.

I cocked my head to the side and went in for the kill.

Then I drank.

****************

"Your assignment is to read the whole chapter and write a five page paper explaining the impact this war had on the formation of society. It is due Friday."

Everyone in the class groaned and our evil teacher, Ms. Fandell walked to her desk after writing the assignment on the board and sat down. I know I saw a ghost of a smile creep across her face at the sight of our less than enthusiastic selfs.

She was, in my opinion the epitome of pure evil. And as I looked around at the rest of my class mates, I know they felt the same because each had daggers shooting from their eyes. But slowly as I watched, just like all the other times, each student took on a look of defeat and resignation as they opened their books to the chapter. I followed suite and pulled out my huge history book and some paper to take notes. Each book was the color of mold and fraying at the spine due to the wear and tear of all the hands that had held it before me.

Most students at Cordinella University had brand new books that their rich parents had bought them. Mine were from my parents who had attended this school forty-five or so years ago. So every single one of my books were in the same poorly kept condition. I didn't even bother trying to fix them. I figured in any situation that if duct tape wasn't able to do the trick then whatever was broken was a lost cause. I don't understand how people had survived without duct tape, it was like a sticky, magical gift from the gods. It could fix pretty much anything and it comes in different colors and designs!

I nudged my book-bag with my foot, smiling to myself as I thought all this. My book-bag was adorned in every possible design of duct tape there was. In my opinion it looked pretty awesome. It's not like my original bag was ripping apart or anything. I just love the way it looks. I frowned to myself. What color was my bag anyways? The bell rang abruptly snapping me out of my dazed state and the circular room of over one hundred college students began toward the door. I looked down at my blank page of notes and sighed to myself as I stuffed it into my bag. I really need to stop doing that.

I mentally shook myself before I could zone out again and began walking to the door. I was once again the last person out of the class and just like all the other times I had to pretend I didn't feel Ms. Fandell's glare at my back as I walked out the door.

*************

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

THANK YOU!!! :D