09

Seraphine held onto banshee as their plan to get her onto the island was set in stone

Seraphine held onto banshee as their plan to get her onto the island was set in stone. "I'm going to attempt to take down his side men. If I don't come back, don't look for me." Erik looked at her with worry "Be careful." She nodded at the man and hung onto banshee. "Are you sure you can support my weight?" He nodded and suddenly Seraphine was flying. Well- technically banshee was flying but what was the difference?

Before she knew it they landed on the shore "Get back to the plane and tell the others to get on with the plan." He nodded and flew away.

When she turned around she became face to face with a red devil. She jumped. "Wow, you're not very pretty." She tilted her head inspecting him, hoping to make him angry. He growled and disappeared. "Well shit." She looked all around her but saw nothing. Suddenly, a body jumped at her and she flared out fire as a defence. The body screamed getting the fire off successfully. She groaned at how he survived.

"Oh I forgot, you're the devil so you don't burn, gotcha." He yelled out in anger and her eyes widened at his animalistic characteristics.

Out of nowhere, a loud crash was heard from far away and the red man disappeared yet again leaving Seraphine to run towards the sound. Her body froze when she saw the same plane that held her mutant family on the sandy ground. She sprinted as fast as she could with worry laced through her body. "Is everyone okay?!" She yelled out through a broken window. We're fine, Seraphine. Erik has gone to find Shaw, I need you to follow him. I fear he will turn to the dark. She nodded at him through the window.

She ran using Charles directions in her mind towards Erik. Much to her dismay, the room that held both Erik and Shaw in was sealed. She took a deep breath and flared out fire hoping to break inside but failed. Seraphine, it's no use. We could use your help outside with the other mutants. She sighed and rushed out looking back just once in nervousness.

Once she ran out onto the sandy shore, she witnessed Erik flying out with Shaws helmet on to block Charles from reading his mind. "The Russians share our concerns and will join a strike on all the mutants. We can end this threat for good. We'll never have another opportunity like this. We have an agent on that beach. One agent. She's a good agent.
She's collateral damage. Today, our fighting stops! Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets,
humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants. Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong."

Seraphine furrowed her eyebrows at his words. She thought all he wanted was Shaw dead. "Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men. This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders." Seraphine nodded with Charles. "I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again." Charles yelled out to him "Erik, release them!" As he moved the missile rockets the other way towards the ships. "No! I don't want to hurt you. Don't make me! Stand back! Charles, that's enough!"

Seraphine stepped forward with pleading eyes "Erik, stop!" He looked at her frowning for a second and the rockets paused in the sky but continued after a moment. Moira took out her gun and went to shoot at Erik and Seraphine's eyes widened rushing to stop her. Everything felt as if it went in slow motion as Erik blocked the bullet, only for it to fly into Charles' back. Eriks face fell as he held his friends body as it fell. "I'm so sorry. I said back off! You. You did this." Seraphine moved her hand to cover her mouth in shock. "Erik. Please. She didn't do this, Erik. You did."

"Us turning on each other, it's what they want. I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side. We're brothers, you and I. All of us together, protecting each other. We want the same thing." Charles shook his head sadly "My friend. I'm sorry, but we do not." Eriks face fell as he stood up and walked towards the mutants. "Charles! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Moira ran towards his body. "It's all right. It's all right."

"This society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand. Now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me?" Seraphine stood tall as she walked towards him "Why don't you stay with us, and we can take it step by step. As a family. Erik, Don't do this." He seemed as if he was thinking about it before a sad expression takes over his face. Raven stood up from Charles body and walked towards Erik. "If you go now, I will never forgive you." He haltered at her words before he went off with Raven.

Alex walked forward to Seraphine and wrapped an arm around her in comfort. She buried her head into the crook of his head. "What a dick." She laughed bitterly before hastily wiping the stranded tear before anyone saw it. The two rushed over to Charles on the floor. Seraphine sadly smiled at him "I'm so sorry Charles." He shook his head "Help me out, come on." Moira nodded hastily "I'm gonna get you to a hospital. Wait, Charles. Charles, don't move, okay?" He nodded "I won't. Actually...I can't feel my legs."

Seraphine's heart skipped a beat. "What?" He repeated what he said "I can't feel my legs." A tear fell from his watery eyes "I can't feel my legs."