06

"We got a problem

"We got a problem." Seraphine frowned as she turned to Moira "What?" Guilt appeared on the agents face "I'm so sorry. This wasn't on the map." Charles shook his head "No matter what happens, act normally. I'll take care of this, all right?" She overheard voices from the front of the vehicle "Where are you going?" Moira replied "To our farm." The guard sighed "Open the back." The other agent nodded "As you wish."

Charles crouched forward and placed two fingers to his head "Easy, easy. Take it easy, chaps." The doors swung open to reveal two guards looking in. Seraphine froze in anxiety of them seeing her. "Anything back there?" He shook his head "Nothing. It's empty." She breathed out heavily in relief as they slammed the doors shut. She felt a hand squeeze her thigh to calm her and looked to see Erik smiling down at her. She smiled at his attempt to comfort her.

"Where is Shaw?" The five of them were hidden up a hill in front of the mansion Shaw was supposed to show at. "I don't know. But if she's a telepath and I read her, she'll know we're here. Let me try something else." He proceeds to read the man who she's speaking to to hear them. "He's not coming." Seraphine huffed in disappointment. "So what now boss?" He shook his head "Now, nothing. We're here for Shaw. Mission aborted." Seraphine glared at Charles and Erik took the words right out of her mouth "The hell it is." Charles sighed "Erik." Erik got up "She's his right-hand woman. That's good enough for me."

"The CIA invading the home of a senior soviet official. Are you crazy?" Erik took off after saying his last words "I'm not CIA." Seraphine bit her lip as she thought about whether she should follow him or stay with Charles. She smiled apologetically at the telepath and agents and ran after Erik.

Erik heard her footsteps and slowed down a tad for her to catch up. The two proceeded to make their way towards the entrance, knocking out the two guards.

"Nice trick." Charles commented as the three of them walked into the room to see Emma had made the senior soviet official think she was with him. "Who are you?" He exclaimed. Charles simply put him to sleep "Go to sleep." Emma turned to Charles "You can stop trying to read my mind, sugar. You're never going to get anything from me while I'm like this." Erik turned to her "So, then, you can just tell us. Where is Shaw?" He used his powers to hold her back with the metal bars of the bed. "Erik." Charles warned as he bent a bar over her neck. "Erik, that's enough." Seraphine watched in anticipation as her neck began to crack slightly. "Erik, that's enough!"

He stepped back "All yours. She won't be shifting into diamond form again. And if she does, just give her a gentle tap." He read into her mind to see the plan Shaw had. "Beautiful, isn't it?" He gulped and faced Erik and Seraphine. "This is worse than we previously imagined." He turned back to Emma "We're taking you with us. CIA will want to question you themselves." She smirked "Oh, I doubt it. They have bigger things to worry about right now."

-

"Angel left with him?" Alex nodded at Seraphine's question as she scoffed. "What a bitch, I never liked her anyway." He chuckled "Yes you did. It's alright to feel betrayed." She frowned "And Darwin?" He looked down "Shaw killed him." She gritted her teeth "That bastard! When I get my hands on him, he'll be sorry. I can't believe Angel still left even after he killed him."

"Raven? We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately." Seraphine sighed at Charles' orders. "We're not going home." He scrunched his eyebrows down "What?" Alex shook his head "He killed Darwin." Charles sighed "All the more reason for you to leave. This is over." Seraphine stepped forward "Darwin's dead, Charles. And we can't even bury him. Let them stay." Erik nodded "We can avenge him."

Charles sighed "Erik, a word, please." Erik followed him around the corner. "They're just kids." Erik denied this "No. They were kids. Shaw has his army, we need ours." Charles nodded "We'll have to train. All of us." Erik smiled "Yes?" Sighing Charles allowed it "Yeah." Seraphine butted in the conversation "Well, we can't stay here. Even if they reopen the department, it's not safe. We've got nowhere to go." Charles shook his head with a smile planted on his face. "Yes, we do."