03

"Welcome to my facility

"Welcome to my facility. My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defense." Erik butted in "Or offense." The agent sighed "This guy Shaw, Schmidt, whatever you want to call him-- he's working with the Russians. We might need your help to stop him." Charles grinned "Marvellous. So we are to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?" The agent laughed "Something like that."

Seraphine gazed at the room in awe seeing a plane in the centre. "It's, uh, supersonic. The most advanced plane ever built. You should see it in real life. It's incredible." Her gaze turned to the boy- Hank. "It's amazing." He smiled in return at her.

"Hank, these are the special new recruits I was telling you about. This is Hank McCoy, one of our talented young researchers." Charles stepped forward grinning "How wonderful. Another mutant already here. Why didn't you say?" The agent furrowed his eyebrows "Say what?" Charles took a step back and turned to Hank "Because you don't know. I am so, so terribly sorry."

"Hank?" Nervousness was expressed clearly on his face "You didn't ask, so I didn't tell." Raven leaned forward in curiosity. "So, your mutation is what? You're super smart?" Charles nodded "I'll say. Hank here graduated Harvard at the age of 15." Seraphines eyes widened as she never even got that far in school. "I wish that all it was."

"You're among friends now, Hank. You can show off." Hank takes off his shoes and socks to reveal the mutation on his feet. Charles chuckled "Splendid." Hank noticed everyone grinning at him so he moved to the middle of the room and jumped upside down dangling. "Ta-da!" Seraphine grinned clapping in excitement. "You're amazing." Hank questioned Raven "Really?"

Once the group divided and went off Seraphine turned to Hank. "So you're like a super genius, right?" He nodded "Kinda, why do you ask?" She flashed her eyes at him showing the true colour of them. The once dark brown faded into a flame orange and Hank leaned a bit to examine them closer. "After 10 years I still can't figure out why they turn orange. I was hoping you could help me." He nodded enthusiastically. "Of course. I could even create a cure for the colour change, if you'd like." Their conversation was cut off by Erik passing by "You call it a cure as if it's some sort of disease. I think it makes you even more beautiful." He smirked and continued walking.

"He's so different to when I knew him. I kinda like it." She smirked and walked off, following Erik down the corridor. He turned around hearing her footsteps behind her. "You don't need to be so cold to him, to everyone for that matter." He stopped "I'm not cold to you." She scoffed "But you like me, that's different." He smiled lightly, not agreeing but not denying either. "Plus you did point a gun to my head when we met again and I wouldn't call that warm."

"You appeared out of nowhere after 10 years, I was being aware." She hummed in thought and nodded. "I suppose that's a good excuse. Now did I tell you how good you look in all black." She smirked and he returned the expression. "God, you're hot. Now I've got work to do." She then flipped her hair behind her and walked past him in a strut. His eyes followed her figure in amusement.

Seraphine tossed and turned in her bed but couldn't shake the feeling something bad was about to happen. She sighed agitated and sat up. She heard shuffling and some footsteps and her curiosity took ahold of her as she creeped out of her room.

Her forehead creased as she furrowed her brows in confusion when she was Erik walking into the office. She followed him into the room and shut the door behind her flicking the light on. The sound of the door shutting grabbed Eriks attention as he snapped his head towards her. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?" She narrowed her eyes "I could say the same thing." She crossed her arms over her chest as she stood in front of him. She peered over his shoulder to see Shaws file in a suit case. "We're you going to at least say goodbye to me before you left." Her eyes held sadness when he looked down at the floor.

"Do you know what they did to me after you escaped? 5 years of non stop torture. Shaw was convinced there was always something bigger to unleash within me. That's what happened to me last time you left without saying goodbye. How was life for you by the way? I never asked." She scoffed as she thought "Must of been damn better than mine."

When all she received was silence from him she continued "I don't care what you do with Shaw, but when you push away the people who can be there for you if you let them, don't expect them to let you come back." He eventually spoke up but avoided the topic of leaving her behind. "So one failure is all it takes for you to give up?" She shook her head in disbelief "Do you honestly believe that I don't have a plan B, C, D... you know how the alphabet goes."

She shook her head at the ground and scoffed "When you leave, don't bother saying bye."