[7] sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ, ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ.

You can't take back

what has already

been lost.

The overwhelming cheers of the crowd only raised pride and confidence in the blonde haired skater, and Katsuki Yuuri could see it all from the look on his face

Even the way the teenage Russian approached his start point, he moved with grace and supremacy, and everyone knew what was to come from this choreography.

It made Yuuri nervous.

"Here on his home turf, we have Yuri Plisetsky! Age 15 and in third place after his short program!" The announcer says, creating more of an uproar from the crowds, "Just listen to those cheers!"

Yuuri watched as the younger male began to skate on the ice, a song called 'Allegro Appassionato in B Minor' accompanied his quick and upbeat choreography.

The Japanese skater attempted to practise and watch Yurio's skate at the same time, but it was to no avail. It only made the man more nervous about his own free skate.

Slowly, he lifts a hand to his forehead and lightly massages it from the headache that the roaring crowds caused, they must all be really passionate about his skate, he thought to himself.

Just as Yuuri opened his eyes to see another one of Yuri Plisetsky's jump succeed, his phone began to ring and became even more nervous when he noticed the caller ID.

He quickly answered it, small beads of sweat sliding down his forehead, why would they call me now? Something must've happened...

"Mari, please don't tell me-" Yuuri began, hearing faint whimpers from his older sister from the other line, he'd already felt what was coming.

"They said they were stuck in his esophagus..." Mari cried out, her sentence breaking with the heaving breaths she was taking, "They said it was almost permanent damage-"

Slowly, tears began to flood Yuuri's eyes, and he lost any kind of feeling of confidence he was building up, nor did he feel the balance he should normally have when standing.

The Japanese skater's knees wobbled before he dropped to his knees, and he was thankful nobody was around to watch him cry his heart out.

Did this mean Victor wasn't going to come back?

"Yuuri..." His sister continued, her voice a lot more heartbroken than it was before, and she let out a hysterical cry, and through her crying and hiccups, she spoke, "They said that his stomach expanded... it clogged any working order with a few of his other organs and there is little to no chance of him surviving!"