Maybe if I just watch a few minutes with him I will be able to calm down enough to talk. I sit up to put my cup onto the coffee table. A few papers are on the table. I spend a second looking at them before I put my cup down. Some of them are just bills or random coupons and advertisements, but one of them looks like a letter from an actual person. I keep trying to figure out who would send a real letter, written out and sent with a stamp and everything. Grandparents, maybe?

"Do you not like the movie?" Zayn says. His voice shocks me. Completely. I jump and lose my grip on the cup. It falls out of my hands and spills all over the coffee table.

"Shit." The water quickly drains out of the cup, and it floods the table and the papers on it. "Dammit, Zayn, I'm so sorry let me just-" I hastily pick up the wet papers and move them out of the way, accidentally hitting him in the face with them.

He moves the papers out of his face and comes out grinning. Why is he smiling? I ruined his mail and spilt water all over his coffee table.

Oh.

He's laughing at me. Can I make this any worse?

He places his hand on my shoulder, trying to be reassuring, but the constant laughter makes it hard for me to take him seriously. "Hey, calm down," he says through a laugh. "It's just some water."

I half-smile at his attempt to calm me down. I am screwing up so bad. I sigh and pick up the cup that is laying in the water still. But I do not realize how slippery it is now, and it falls out of my hands, reaching the ground with a loud, sharp crash. I jump back on the couch and squeal. Shards of glass spread all over the living room floor.

"Oh my god," I groan. I let go of the hug on my legs I had, only now realizing I was holding them. I stare down at the broken glass on the floor and wonder how I could be so nervous to spill the water and break the glass in the same sixty seconds.

He is laughing. Like, laughing.

My cheeks burn red. He won't stop. He is actually doubling over from laughing so much. I cross my arms. Let him laugh, I already knew he was a dick.

"Jessie, no-" he says when he has somewhat caught his breath. "I'm not laughing at you."

"Whatever."

He waves his hands in the air to stop my assumptions. "No I swear, it's just you."

Is he stupid? "Is that supposed to be comforting?"

He bites his lip, trying to find the right words to say. "You just need to relax," he smiles. All his smiling has little effect on me now that he has been rude. I do not want to take advice from him. I hardly want to talk to him. He was laughing hysterically at me seconds ago.

But in reality, I should calm down. I need to, actually. If I have to talk to Zayn about the kiss being as nervous as I am now, I will get no where. I sigh.

I bring my hands up to my temples and massage them. I know I can't stop screwing up, and it is murdering my chances of anything ending up alright with Harry. Whatever happened to the plan? Get in, ask, get out? So far I have barely made it past the first step, and I even had trouble with that.

"Are you okay?" Zayn voice rings into my head. I look up at him. He is still sitting inches away from me, but now he curiously takes in my pathetic condition. Small lines etched into his forehead prove to me that he is concerned. This isn't just another attempt to make a joke of me. Still, I keep my defense up while answering him.

"I'm fine." I don't even sound convincing. Nothing is fine. Harry is pissed at me for the first time ever. I am no where near as mad at Zayn as I wanted to be. Don't get me wrong, I am so sorry for what I did to Harry, but Zayn is still one of the most laid-back and interesting person I have ever met. It is hard to not want to get to know him more. But he can't know any of this.