Haleb: Which guy for Hanna?

"Hanna I can't do this anymore..." Caleb whispered. The phrase that Hanna had been dreading ever since the couple made their third Town move in the last four months.

Hanna's heart pounded in her chest; it was ready to burst. She couldn't contain her emotions. She just wanted to break down and cry. Deep down she knew that all this moving was putting strain on their relationship. It was tearing them apart. But this was Hanna's dream- fashion designing. She couldn't just give it all up for a relationship! She had to stick with her career and not let anything get in the way of it... that meant Caleb...

"Fine! You don't have too! Just... leave..." Hanna lowered voice but the reality and harshness was still hanging in her words.

Caleb did what Hanna never thought he would do... he grabbed his already packed bag from the wardrobe, threw his keys on the mahogany coffee table, grabbed his phone and jacket and opened the door.

"Goodbye Hanna. Enjoy the fashion world. You deserve it."

Slam...

Two weeks later Hanna found herself in a desolate pub, swaying to Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello.

"I only wanna do the bad things you like, so good, but I can't explain it. What can I say it's complicated..." Hanna wobbled her vodka glass back and forward laughing at the lyrics. She sat at the marble counter by herself on a rickety brown chair in her own little world. Ever since Caleb left she had been a mess. Her life and career was going down the drain and she couldn't do anything to stop it. She tried blocking Caleb out but then she felt guilty... for blocking Caleb out.

The bartender she had been chatting too- she had to admit- was pretty handsome looking. He had greeny brown eyes that could make your heart melt, a sharp as a knife jawline that tempted you to trail your finger along it and the fluffiest brown hair she had ever seen (besides Caleb's)

She had made him laugh. His laugh filled the empty room with softness and sweetness. She grinned up at him.

"How are you? You've been listening to me rant on about my train wreck of a life so now it's your turn."

The bartender grinned. "Quite frankly I enjoyed listening to your version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians."

This made Hanna snigger slightly.
"You're sweet... but seriously. Tell me a bit about yourself?" She coaxed him. She genuinely was interested in him.

"Name Joel. Age 23. Parents divorced and both remarried. Two siblings: sister Joanna and brother Peter. Is that enough info into my life for you?" He pulled a pint for himself and took a seat beside her wrapping his hands around the glass.

"Maybe. Maybe not." Is all Hanna could say. As she looked deep into his eyes she just realised how incredibly beautiful he really was. He had the most perfect little face. His eyes locked with hers and she was sure she felt a shiver run up her spine.

"Well that's all you're getting my friend." He laughed his sweet laugh.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For listening."

"I'm a good listener."

"I know. I've witnessed your incredible listening skills. But seriously, I needed someone to talk to... I never thought a bartender at a random bar would listen to a random girl's Keeping Up With The Kardashians story."

He snickered. "You're most welcome..." He was about to say her name but realised he didn't know it.

"Hanna." She finished.

"Hanna!"

He leant over and kissed her on the lips tenderly. She let him. It didn't feel... like... like the way Caleb's kisses felt but it was sweet and comforting. She felt like he was her best friend that she hadn't seen in a really long time and had just caught up with. He was someone's special guy- just not hers...

"Thank you again." Hanna pulled away and stared deep into his eyes. "Another vodka please..."

Ten o'clock rolled around and after Joel basically bribed her with another kiss if she left the bar, she finally gave in. She opened the double doors and stepped out into the cool night, the cold air hitting her face.

"This is goodbye then." Joel turned to her and pecked her on the lips again.

"Goodbye Joel. Thank you for everything..." She stumbled slightly, her body swaying, her hed spinning.

"Goodbye Hanna. Get home safely?"

"I will!" She reassured him. 

She started walking, across the road and down the street to her apartment...

Beep beep!

The loud screeching sound of brakes and tire scraping knocked Hanna out of her daydream. She looked around her and realised that she was standing in the middle of the road looking down at the gravel ground beneath her, transfixed.

"Hanna!" Hanna's eyes shot up to the grey Jeep sitting in front of her, a familiar voice shouting out the window.

"Caleb... heyyyy..." She slurred her words and stumbled over to his car. She leaned through the open window and looked into Caleb's dark brown eyes.

"Hanna what the hell! I almost ran you over!"

"I don't care!" She rolled her eyes and smacked him across the face.

"Hanna, get in!"

"Why! You left me! What are you still doing in New York anyway?" Hanna ran a hand through her hair.

"I never meant to hurt you Hanna. You were the one that asked for space remember and then you asked me to leave! So I did! I wanted to give you the space you asked for! I didn't want us to be over!" Caleb explained raising his voice so it could sink into Hanna's alcohol filled mind.

"I know. I never should've let you go. Truth is I've been a mess without you Caleb."

"Well no shit Han." Caleb grinned.

"Shut up and kiss me you bastard..."

Thought I should update the storybook again! I am still continuing my new story A Haleb Secret (there's so much to come!) But I had this idea so here it is! Who else thought Joel was really cute though?! Nobody beats Caleb obviously but you know..
Thanks for reading!
-Hannah