Ezreb: "We started it together, we're gonna end it together"

Caleb heard the piercing sound of a gunshot. It shot up into the crisp, night air like a rocket, sending shivers down his spine.
His heart thumped...
His legs shaked violently, like a leaf during a storm...
Sweat dripped off his forehead...
His eyes wide and owl-like as he crouched behind the tall bush.

Finally, in the distance, he saw Ezra running towards him. A wave of relief washed over him... but only for a second, as he knew that there were two possibilites for how this night could end. There was a slim chance that they could make it out alive- the chance that they're lives could both end tonight was incredibly high.

He couldn't leave Hanna and Ezra couldn't leave Aria! But this was 'A'. A was going to kill them if it was the last thing they ever did. What they did was just pure self defense but it didn't matter! They killed one of A's minions. They knew one of A's minions and chased him into the woods (the ones they happened to be lost in now) and beaten him until there was no sign of life left. They had to watch one of the people that had tormented and sent their loved ones over the edge slowly fade away, until they were just a cold, bitter corpse lying in the middle of a forest. Guilt ran through both of them. But in that moment this was the only thing that they could think of that would bring them satisfaction.

But it didn't...

The ache in their hearts- when they thought of the dollhouse and everything A had did to they're girls- was still there. It hadn't suddenly evaporated into thin air. Because- no matter how many people Caleb and Ezra blamed or murdered or tortured- it would never undo all of the hurt and pain that A put the girls through! It was the truth and the boys had to live with it...

And now they were in one of the most dangerous situations either of them had ever been in and there was no escape. This was their punishment for killing someone: being tortured by that person's leader...

Ezra crouched down beside Caleb. Caleb could feel Ezra's breath on his shoulder. Caleb could sense his fear. His worry. His guilt.

Ezra looked at Caleb, biting his lip.

"What?" Caleb asked confused, "What happened?"

"I know who A is. I shot A."

"What?" Caleb let out a breath. Ezra killed A? Is that was that gunshot was? "Ezra who is A?"

"Charlotte Dilaurentis..." Ezra looked into Caleb's eyes. There was no sense of regret or guilt in them. Was Ezra proud of himself?

Caleb felt like his heart could burst right out of his chest! He had so many emotions, feelings, words that he had to get out! But yet he couldn't muster up anything. There was just a ice, cold silence. There was... peace? Relief?

"Is it over?" Caleb suddenly asked.

"I don't know Caleb... is it? Are the girls going to be happy- contented- knowing that we killed A and her helpers? I don't think they are!"

"What are we gonna do?"

"We have to tell them. Tonight."

"What do we say?"

"We say that we ended it. We murdered someone that could've murdered our girls. I don't feel the slightest bit sorry! We saved them! Didn't we?"

"They could see it that way but... they could also hate us for doing... this..."

Ezra sighed, though his heart still raced. "We have to go back to the girls. We will go through this together Caleb. We started together and we are gonna end it together."

Caleb nodded. Ezra nodded. Then they walked, silently, back to Rosewood...

This was so enjoyable to write. Honestly I am so proud of this and I really hope that you enjoyed this one! Ezreb don't get many scenes together so I decided to think outside the box and make something exciting and adventurous happen to the boys. Comment how this one made you feel and/or your opinions of it! Thanx guys!
-Hannah