Chapter Twenty-Three

Mulai dari awal

I tried not to blush, and instead I discreetly turned away. All of a sudden, we heard a honk outside. I glanced up from my plate, and wondered who it was. Dad rose from his seat to check it.

"Why it's the Daniel boy. I think he's come to pick up Sarah again." Dad announced appearing in front of the table.

I was puzzled, why was he doing this?

Excusing myself, I bounded for the front door, and as I opened it Daniel was revealed with his car parked in the driveway.

"Good morning princess." He greeted me cheerfully, as he made his way to me.

"Good-good morning." I stammered, my eyes must have been as wide as dinner plates, "What-what are you doing here?"

"I've come to pick you up, remember what I told you?" He stated matter-of-factly.

I'm determined to win you back back again Sarah. His words rang in my head that made me take a step back, accidentally bumping against William's chest.

"What are you here for, Lee?" William asked coldly emphasizing his last name, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Whatever I'm here for, it's definitely not you." Daniel replied, using the same tone and as William's, he turned to me, "Let's go Sarah." And made a grab for my wrist, gently tugging me towards his car.

In a split second I felt a hand grabbing mine, "Where do you think you're going?" William asked sharply.

"That's none of your concern." Daniel replied so coldly that I felt it would cause winter.

"It's quite the opposite, it is my concern. To think of it, it's the biggest concern there is. Why would I let her go with you, who's broken her apart? So you could break her again?" William snapped, tugging me back.

"It's none of your business. You let her go willingly the first time I came to fetch her like you didn't care at all." Daniel shot back, raising his voice.

"That was before, things have changed. She's coming with me." William insisted, I felt his hand gripping mine tighter,

"Why don't you let her choose?" Daniel tugged my wrist once more, he turned to me with pleading eyes.

They stared at me so intensely that their eyes may burn the sides of my head, I wanted the floor to swallow me.

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak as they waited in sheer anticipation, "I'm going to school with William."

William instantly beamed in triumph as he slowly let me go.

"But Sarah--" Daniel started to protest, I shook myself free from him, and squeezed his forearm.

"I have some important things to discuss with him, don't worry we'll be seeing each other later anyway. I'll see you at school." I said softly.

Daniel looked downcast but nodded. I gave him an apologetic smile and turned to follow William at the garage, once i found myself inside I watched closely as the downcast Daniel get in his car and drive off.

"What's with the attitude?" I demanded, as soon as William ducked inside.

He ignored me as he inserted the key in the ignition and turned the engine on.

"Seriously William." I threatened, watching him for reaction as he rolled the car out of the garage, but he still did not answer.

"What the heck William!" I shouted in sheer frustration.