chapter 5

The whole night I was twisting and turning on my bed thinking, what on earth will he discuss with my father? And why at home and not the office?

DAMN that guy is getting me nervous for no reason. Maybe it's just business? I shrugged and thought of my father I really don't want anybody to betray him.

****************************THE-NEXT-DAY**********************

I was on my Twitter when I heard my dad greeting someone. It must be him I thought to myself. I glanced at the clock and realise it is definitely going to be him.

I waited for another 5 minutes for them to enter the study before sneaking downstairs. I was cautious to not make noise and stick my head to the study room door.

After a while I realise that I'm not gonna hear a thing and went to the living room. I sank into the sofa waiting for them to come out. That's when I heard a loud and angry voice which I recognised as my father's shouting. After a few moments I heard Mr. Dylan or Dylan simple voice. He sounds stern and somehow dangerous like he is threatening my father. "I want her no matter what happen , I will give you only and only one month to get ready for the wedding or else I will make her go through it myself.

With that he left the room and wanting to walk away when he saw me on the couch. He stopped and walked towards me.

I felt my body was still in shock and stiff. He caressed my cheek and cupped my chin making me to look up him. "I love you AMELIA" he smiled and left me sitting there thinking "OH GOD WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?"

******************************************************************************************

After gathering my courage I went into my father's room. He sat there hands on his head. I felt bad for him. But I wanted to know what was happening. I kneeled in front of him. He knew I was there but still didn't look at me." Dad.... Dad..." I called.

"I'm sorry Amelia I didn't do my job well. It's all ruined and it's my entire fault. I really didn't know honey" he said still not looking at me.

"Dad tell me what is happening so we can still figure this out.... Dad come on tell me ...there's got to be a solution dad.."

I was almost sobbing now seeing my dad acted this way devastated is hurting me.

"No Amelia don't you worry everything will be fine. I caused this I will end it. There's got to be a way..." I can see he is panicked.

"Dad!!! Look at me!! Tell me what is happening. "I need to know this time I held on his face forcing him to look at me I need to know sounding more stern now

"I'm sorry honey. Remember that day when Dylan invested his money and borrowed me some of it to avoid our business going bankrupt ..." he started to open up .I nodded without saying a word.

"He actually wanted something from the favour he gave me. I swear I didn't know it till just now if I did I wouldn't agree to it. I swear de..."

"Dad finish the story "I cut him off, I'm not being rude it's just that I need to know..

"He ...he ... Said he wanted something I had...at that moment I didn't care because I thought he meant my property. So I just agreed and took his offer. When he came back today.... Amelia he said....HE WANTS YOU....."

My world almost shook at the last sentence. He wants me? Why he wants me?

"I'm sorry Amelia but don't you worry we will settle this out .there must be a way" my dad voice startled me

I just nodded without saying a word.

***********************************************************************************************

Two days later......

I rarely see my father now. He is avoiding me I guess. I tried to explain that it was not his fault but he will keep on denying it. I gave up and let him be maybe it's for the best.

The next few days was tiring .I haven't had enough sleep and getting really worried about the Dylan guy. I made some research on him and going out he is one of the main Mafia who handles all kind of business from tycoon to drug dealing. However he had a clean record and has an official dealing with the government to provide guns and other items. Seeing the way he is, I'm guessing that he is just doing it to cover his underground work.

I closed my laptop and decided to go for a walk. I need to clear my mind so I just went through the backdoor and headed toward the neighbourhood playground.

I sat on the swing and swing my self-trying to get away from my worst nightmare. Many things were running around my head...what if I am really married to him? Are there any chances to leave this mess? What will happen if I don't want to follow his will? When will my life inside this mafia world be over? The last questions made me shrug.

I put everything out of my head and started to swing faster .suddenly the swing was stopped. I mean really stopped by someone...

I jerked forward and almost fell before a hand grabbed my waist and pulled me back. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. Following mg instinct I tried to stand up but was pushed down by the big hand.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want you to be safe and not out alone around here like this"

"Stop touching me "I said after realised he is still grabbing me."Why can't I touch you, I'm going to marry you soon anyw.."

Stop I said cutting him off.

"I don't want to hear anything more because nothing is going to happen between me and you, try to get that in your head and stop bothering me and my fam..

"PANG!!!!! My face felt as it was on fire......