chapter 4

After taking a long warm bath, I wipe myself dry and slipped into a red cocktail dress. Blowing my hair dry I was looking at myself in the mirror. I do look like my mother. Her eyes, nose.. Damn I really don't want to think of that now. But I do wish she was here with me or else I won't have to go to this stupid part alone....

After putting on a simple make up I wore my heels and step out of the front door frustrated. I got in the nice Lamborghini that my dad bought me on my 19th birthday.

"Tim let's go n kill myself"

"You look nice to dear, I mean gorgeous"

"Hahaha aw Tim you know how to make me laugh when I'm trying to be serious"

"Ha-ha just doing my job Amelia"

With that we continued our journey until we arrived at my dad's yacht. It was already 8pm."Damn! I'm late "I thought to myself.

When I went up the yacht, a man shouted " we are ready to move!!! All aboard!!!!"

There were so many people. I mean so much. I was lost and kind off stumbled when the yacht starts to move. Luckily someone to my right caught me just in time. When I felt the ground under me was stable, I turned to thank my savior.

He was a tall lean, dark eyed, brunette haired guy with an extremely sharp jaw line I had ever seen. He was wrapping his hand around my waist tightly, eyes piercing into my soul and I felt extremely uncomfortable.

"Thank you sir" I said hoping he will let go but he still held on tight and stare deep in the brown eyes of mine.

"You can let go now" I said a bit stern this time. Slowly he unwrapped his arm around me and started to let go

"You are welcome. Nice dress by the way and make sure to not stumble again. I'm not sure I will be there next time" he said still not taking his eyes off me.

"I won't sir. Thank you anyway. I will make sure not to stumble again at least not nearby you "I said sounding sarcastic to this arrogant guy. Then I turned and walked away.

I can still feel his gaze upon me when I walked. Boy did I know that he will be the worst nightmare of my life....

***********************************************************************************************

As I was wandering around, I noticed my dad was nowhere to be seen.

"Amelia Cruz, what a pleasure meeting you here, haven't seen you a long time since when two or three years ago? Oh forget it how are you doing my dear".

A woman hugged me so tightly till I can't breathe.

"Ha-ha nice to meet you too Mrs. Gonzalez, how are you?" I spoke as I was kindly tugging away from her

Finally she let go. " oh my dear I'm very fine ,you look fine yourself dear. Oh my! So breathtaking I would say. You do have your mothers look...Ah I wish...."

"Off course she does honey she is her mother's daughter " I smiled as I saw Mr. Gonzalez interrupted his wife sentences.

"How are you uncle? It's been a while"

"Ha-ha I'm fine my dear and yes I got to agree with my wife on this you do look beautiful"

"Ha-ha thank you uncle I'm sure Annabelle is blessed with Mrs. Gonzalez beauty too..."

"That girl she is just beauty without brains always counting on spending her father money"

"Honey!!! "Mrs. Gonzalez cut her husband short.

"I'm sure she is still young uncle. And now if you will excuse me I would like to find my dad. Any idea where is he?"

"He is at the deck honey" Mrs. Gonzalez answered\

"Oh thank you. I will see you again later then, have a good evening!"

"Aww sure honey take care"

"You too uncle and aunty" I said almost fleeing the floor. I had never been too fond of them even how good they are. It still hit my nerves since they handle drugs and stuff lucky my dad is not into that.

As I was making my way to the deck I saw my father was drinking and staring at the sky. I knew at that moment all he wanted was my mother to be with him.

"Dad?" I called him.

"Oh Amelia you are, here come here honey". He reached his hand out. I took it and climb up the deck. "What are you looking at dad?" I asked

"You know Amelia your mother had always told me that if she is gone before me and I needed her just look up the sky and pretend that she is up there looking out for us."

"Dad I..."

"Amelia I know you despise this thing I'm doing and I'm really sorry for that dear. I promised your mother that I will leave it all out and not to partake you into it .but honey sometimes this road is one way and there is no going bac..."

"Dad" I cut him off.

"I understand what are you going through, don't worry whatever you are I will still love you, so quit thinking about leaving it all behind cause I know u can't even if you wanted to but we can just hope one day it will all end and you can sit back and relax. There is nothing more I want than having you out of the target list"

"Owhh honey I trust me I hope the same too"

"So come on let's go and enjoy while we are still here"