Chapter Two: Homecoming

Start from the beginning

We all slipped on our dresses and found the make up to match it. Then we all took turns straightening our hair. Then getting our shoes on, which were all just flip flops because we wouldn't be wearing our shoes anyway.

When we were all ready, the parents wanted pictures. They weren't kidding either, when they say pictures they mean A LOT of pictures. I've never posed or smiled so much at one point in time in my life. Stupid parents!

After sliding out of the car and walking, well more like struting up to the high school, we opened the door. The first room was very bright, but as we looked past to the gym, it was almost pitch dark. Except from the little light from the enterence room and the multicolored lights coming off from the DJ's stand.

We all walked into the gymnasium and walked to the top bleacher in the corner to put our shoes, coats, purses, and phones. Then we all got down and went to look for everyone and see their dresses. Everyone looked beautiful. I love how even the shy girl can get noticed at a dance when she looks beautiful, even though she always did, but people never choose to notice till now.

We all sat up in our corner as they announced the Homcoming King and Queen winners. We clapped and smiled when they annouced them as such. Why are the girls so damn pretty?! I'd kill to look like that!

After they were done announcing winners they started to play the music, and by then everyone that was going to be there, was there. Now, our little 'group' of friends kind of strayed off to the back of the gym whereas everyone else was up towards the front. Unfortunately, Michael was there and danced with our group. He's an ex, a long time ago, ex. Now, of course he wrote me a not during school saying,

Can we be friends? ps. Tyler? Really? Tyler, out of everyone in the world u choose Tyler? -Michael

I'm sure you can imagine my shocked expression reading that. Getting a note from him after him acting like a dick every time before hand. Then him, acting all weird about me dating Tyler. Was he jealous? Did he still like me? What the hell is wrong with my life?!

Of course all of my friends thought he liked me again and told me to stop dating Tyler and go out with Michael because we were such a 'cute couple.' Uh, am I the only one that remembered he called me a bitch and a whore while we were dating? Really? Just because I'm dating a guy that you don't like, doesn't mean you can just through me out to anyone else. If I'm going to get my heartbroken, I'm going to not be stupid enough to let someone who already did it once, do it again.

I swear, some people just want to do anything to make you unhappy. Like Kyla and Tanya wouldn't even talk to me at the dance because 'I'm dating the pothead.' Uh, weren't you just defending Tanya for wanting to date him? What the hell? Are you just trying to make me unhappy? I swear she better get what's coming to her.

Anyway, so it was pretty awkward him standing there while I was trying to dance and have a good time. Then it came on;

To the left, take it back now ya’ll 1 hop this time, right foot let’s stomp Left foot let’s stomp, Cha Cha real smooth

Everyone who was cool ran out to the dance floor and started dancing. "Everybody Clap your hands!" And you could hear everyone clapping their hands. "How low can you go? Can you down low? All the way to the floor? How low can you go? Can you bring it to the top, like you'll never never stop? Can you bring it to the top? One hop!" Everyone was shouting and dancing it was like the best night ever.

Then a slow song came on... I just stood there awkwardly, while all the couple paired up. I walked slowly over to the corner and picked up my phone to look and see if Tyler had said anything.

Hey! I got third in the first race, u havin fun?

Hey, babe! That's great! Yeah, slow songs now, missing you.