1. | Paul Wesley is clouding my mind

Don't trust everything you see.

Even salt looks like sugar.

- Unknown

| Paul Wesley is clouding my mind |

I angrily wipe the tears from my eyes, sucking a deep breath of air into my overworked lungs due to the excessive amount of tears I had shed.

My hands dipped into the cold water cupping the water in my hands and splashing the coolness of the substance onto my warm and flushed face. Pulling the white towel off the rack I free my face of any water.

Applying a bit of bronzer to my fair complexion and high cheekbones, generous coats of mascara to my bare eyelashes and a little red lipstick to my plump pink lips, I sigh in contentment before smiling the fake smile that I have mastered over the last 2 years.

I stare at my denim highwaisted jeans, cropped black adidas hoodie and my white and gold adidas orignals before exhaling a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

I make my way out of my bathroom, desend the stairs and into kitchen. I smile warmly at my mother greeting her with a 'good morning' and a kiss on the cheek.

"Ready for your very last year of high school?" She asks sipping her coffee. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows raising, and her prominent cheekbones becoming impossibly more prominent.

"As ready as I'll ever be mother." I say as I grab my cup of English Breakfast tea off the counter.

As my mother opened her mouth to speak, the alarm on my phone went off, signalling that if I wanted to make it to school on time, I needed to get moving. I downed the remaining contents of tea in my cup before placing the cup into the dishwasher and saying goodbye to my mum.

Removing my car keys from the hook near the front door, I walk out of the house stepping into the cool morning breeze that is porvided by dearest mother nature. I unlock my red Chevy Sonic and get into the dirvers seat.

I plug the aux cord into my phone, playing 'Thinking Bout You' by Frank Ocean.

A tornado flew around my room before you came

Excuse the mess it made, it usually doesn't rain

In Southern California, much like Arizona

My eyes don't shed tears, but boy they pour

when im thinking 'bout you

I sing along to the song I start my day off with every morning and before I know it I have made it to my high school: Westview High.

I park my car and make my way to my locker. Opening the locker, I check my schedule on my phone, math. I sigh taking out my math text book and notebook. Shutting my locker, I turn around to face my best friend Ava.

I smile at her pulling her into a hug. "Morning Ava," I say as we pull away.

"I'd rather a good morning, considering it's our last freaking year of high school!" She exclaims.

I roll my eyes, with a small smile. "Come graduation day, I promise to say good morning." I say exaggerating the 'good'.

"Done deal Elena Thomas, done deal." She says smirking.

Ava and I indulge ourselves in conversation, failing to notice our friend Jackson - aka, Mr. Captain of the school soccer team.

"Lovely, I've only been gone two weeks and my best friends have already forgotten to acknowlege my presence." He huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

I chuckled before pulling him into a tight hug. Jackson Anderson, otherwise known as Jack - had gone on a cruise with his family over the summer break, hence why Ava and I hadn't seen him in two weeks.

I pulled away allowing Ava to hug him also. "Despite what was proven evident, we really did miss you Jack! It wasn't the same without our arrogant, and overly flirty best friend." I say smiling innocently.

He slings an arm over my shoulders replying, "I take pride in my arrogance, and fliritng skills Elena Thomas." He winks down at me before speaking to Ava, "Hey Adams, you have Ms. Clarice for history correct?" Ava nods in confusion. "If you don't want a detention for being late I suggest you get your ass moving." Jack chuckles humorously, as Ava's eye winden and she sprints off to save her ass from a detetion.

"Shall we get going to math Mr. Anderson?" I ask smirking.

"We shall." He chuckles.

The walk to math consists of Jack telling me about his cruise, as I listen in envy to his exicting summer holiday.

How can I not be envious when all I did over my summer break was consume an unhealthy amount of junk food, and binge watch the Vampire Diaries on Netlfix. Not that it should matter actually, because well..  Paul Wesley!

God certainly spent extra time on that man.

"Elena.. Elena. Elena! Quit zoning out during my story!" Jack huffed.

"Excuse you, I can't help that Paul Wesley is clouding my mind!" I say elbowing Jack in the stomach.

Jack rubbed his well sculpted 8 pack in fake hurt, "Absuive much." He muttered under his breath. I muster up my best glare and glare daggers at him as we make our way into class.

Jack does his man handshake thing with a few of the boys from his soccer team before taking a seat next to me in the middle of the classroom.

Jack continues telling me about his holiday, until Mr. Lockwood walks into the room. He places his belongings onto the desk before cupping his hands together. "Right, I suspect you all had a great summer break. However, it is now time to switch on to school mode. It is your final year of high school, and those of you who wish to be successful in the future need to knuckle down and concentrate. With that being said, make sure to enjoy the your last year, stay balanced and you'll be just fine." Mr. Lockwood sure knew how to give a contradicting pep talk. "Moving on, who remembers how to work with the Pythagoras' Theorem?" He asks, as we all stare at him blankly.

I may have gotten a little too carried away with Paul Wesley.

Who am I kidding? There's no such thing as getting 'carried away' when it comes to Paul Wesley.

You simply can't get enough.

_________

So that's the first chapter, a slow and boring start, I'm aware! Give it a chance anyway because you feel kind!

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Team Stefan or Damon?

STEFAN!

Until next time my loves x