"What signs?" asked Katrynn.

"Above you," Emalynn replied shortly. She mumbled to herself: "Of course, you don't notice them."

"I've never traveled on my own before..." Katrynn said in mild defense.

"Yes, I know. Why we thought letting you go alone was a good idea is beyond me. But, here we are."

"I'll be fine."

"I hope so," Emalynn said absently. "Aha! There it is! Platform 4. As the pamphlet said, we have to go down these stairs, underneath the tracks and up on the other side."

"Complicated," Katrynn noted, following her sister down the stairs to the underground tunnel.

"Well, large transfer stations like this are complicated," Emalynn pointed out. "Well, here we are. The tunnel. It should be on the other side."

"I can navigate a tunnel by myself," protested Katrynn.

"Hmmm..." Emalynn raised a skeptical brow.

Once her sister was safe on her platform, Emalynn followed the signs to her own platform. Platform 9 was not as busy as her sister's. There are more people off to Stone's Throw [1] than Karrowyn, Emalynn mused. That doesn't surprise me now that I know what Karrowyn is like. With a pack of gruff fishermen and noisy dock hands, five giggly young ladies, two quiet Clergy, and seven very bored-looking merchants, Emalynn waited for the train. I hope it isn't delayed. This assignment seemed to be going better than I had thought – at least until now. Really, the sooner I can lay these questions to rest, return to the Capital, and finish this group assignment, the better. It's been an interesting... experience, Emalynn winced at the memories of the briefing her group had held before Winter Solstice. It had been a bit trying to say the least. However, I'll be glad when it is over and our grades are in.

Katrynn, leaving the train station, looked up and down the street in hopes of locating the local cabbie stand

Katrynn, leaving the train station, looked up and down the street in hopes of locating the local cabbie stand. To her left, she noticed a short line before a small window with the dingy white placard of "Cab Hire" above it. Joining the line, the young girl waited patiently until it was her turn at the high set window. Knowing that the clerk could barely see her, Katrynn stood on her tiptoes and peered over the lip of the window ledge.

"I'll need a cab for this address," Katrynn said, slipping a page over.

"Hmmm..." The thin man pursed his lips as he perused the crumpled note before him and then gazed down at the dark head and large brown eyes before him. "What is your name, young lady?"

"Miss Katrynn," said the young girl.

"Creighton," the clerk twisted round in his tall chair and spoke into the room. "Your charge is here, I think."

"Ah'll be raight oot," said someone.

"Master Creighton has been hired to take you to your rooms," said the clerk handing back the note. "It has been arranged already. You are in good hands."