1

"Wake up Kai." Bree laughs as she sticks something in my ear. Shes always messin with me. I groan and open my eyes to the brightness on the left side of the bed, damn she opened my curtains."Don't I got black curtains for a reason?" I say rubbing my tired eyes. Its Saturday so I'm confused as to why she wanna wake me up so early?

"What you want?" I ask annoyed.
"It is almost one in the afternoon and you still sleepin."
I roll my eyes "And..."
"And... ion know, you need to wake ya ass up." She laughs. I'm mad she woke me up for no reason, I need my beauty sleep.

I get out the bed and walk to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I put my curly hair in a quick ponytail and bend down to the sink splashing water on my face. After I wash my face and brush my teeth Bree calls me in the kitchen. Bree is my roommate we've been best friends since middle school and she my ride or die man.

"I made breakfast." she says smiling. I look over to the plate of eggs, bacon, and sausage. The bacon is black and hard but I smile anyways.

"Thanks." I say sitting down.

"You know Javon is throwing this party tonight."

Javon is her cousin. We used to kick it back in highschool but we broke up a couple months back. I'm not really interested in a boy right now. I just got a job at Zaxbys and I can finally split the rent of this house with Bree. I'm settled and I don't need no boy to mess me up. A girls got priorities.

"We goin?" I ask.

"Yeah if Donte goin." I roll my eyes that's all Bree care about. Donte is her boo thang and they been dating since forever. They cute tho so I cant hate. "What time the party start?"
"9:30, but we gonna leave early."

I throw away the breakfast I didn't eat, and put my plate in the sink. "I'll clean the dishes if you get the mail." I say running dish water. She agrees and opens the door. After 5 seconds she comes back inside with no mail.
"What happened?" I ask.
"Girl issa fine ass boy next door." she says almost out of breath.
"If you don't go back out there and get that mail."

"No you need to come see, if I wasn't with Donte.." she takes me to the window pulling down the blinds so I can see him. "Damn, he is fine." He looked about our age maybe a little bit older. He had a fade and then a curly bun on the top of his head and black sweats on. Oh God, and he shirtless. Almost too good to be true. "Is he moving in?" I ask. "I think so,  he's carrying boxes,"

"Kai y'all would look so cute together, you need to talk to him."

He too fine to be single. He probably already got some girl and won't even feel like being bothered.

I move away from the window going back to the dishes. "You always tryna hook me up with someone. Not this time." I scrub the plate with a sponge.

"Whatever...but yall gon end up talkin one way or another."