yeri smiled as her alarm rang. it was jungkook's voice; well his part in the song I NEED U. she picked up her phone and pressed the dismiss button, stopping the beautiful melody from continuing to play.

she got up from bed and began to get ready for school. she brushed her teeth, washed her face, and got dressed. she decided to wear black jeans, a white top, and an oversized green jacket, finishing it with, of course, her tan timberlands.

she glanced at herself in the mirror, brushing through her hair with her hand, styling it in a messy cute way. her hair was dyed blonde for her upcoming appearance in red velvet's ice cream cake, where she would finally join the group and their activites. she would finally become an idol.

she finished fixing herself and left for school. her mother and father had already left for work and her siblings slept quietly. she decided not to wake them, for they would become grumpy and probably not even get out of bed.

she ran out the door and felt the cold wind hit her face. winter was cold in korea. she followed the path to school and made it there within 10 minutes. she entered the school gates when she heard a familiar voice.

"kim yerim!"

she turned and smiled at the boy jogging her way. little did she know, they were matching.

"annyeong, jungkook."

she smiled at him as he approached her.

"hey look, we're matching!"

he pointed out. she looked closely and saw there clothes were pretty similar. other than the fact that their shirts were different, everything else was the same.

the black jeans, the green jacket, and of course, the tan timberlands.

"oh? we are!"

she laughed at how similar they dressed.

"yah, people will think we are a couple because we're matching."

jungkook joked around. yeri just smiled back. she had to admit; she did have a small crush on jungkook. but she could never act on it. she was just about to debut and she couldn't ruin that over some boy.

his sasaeng fans would probably chase her down and do things to her than she couldn't even imagine. they would hurt her just for talking to him. good thing this school is mostly for idols, right?

"we'd look good together though. jungri taking on the world together."

"jungri?"

"it's our names combined; take the jung in my name and the ri in your name. it equals jungri!"

she laughed at cute the boy was. he flashed her that bunny smile that she adored. it was his signature smile.

they had grown close over the past couple of weeks after they met through their shoes. jungkook was always kind to her and made her laugh until her sides hurt. she felt herself falling more and more for him everyday.

"let me walk you to class, rim."

she nodded, smiling at the silly nickname. jungkook was probably the closest friend she had at school. all her unnies already graduated. she was sad because jungkook was a year older (i know he's actually 2 years older shh), meaning he was going to graduate first, leaving her alone. the thought made her frown.

"what's wrong, yerimmie?"

she was startled when jungkook's voice broke her out of her trance. she shook her head and smiled at him.

"don't worry, it's nothing."

"whatever you say, yerim."

she usually preferred to be called by her stage name yeri, but for jungkook, she could make an exception. especially when jungkook allows her to call him oppa and she knows how much he despises that name. that's why she tries to refrain from using it, but sometimes her tongue slips.

jungkook walked yeri all the way to her class. he heard all the remarks being thrown around about them.

"are they dating?"

"no way, jungkook is some hot stuff right now; he can't risk dating."

"look at their couple outfit."

"yeri's too ugly for jungkook."

"jungkook could do way better."

"honestly, jungkook is way out of her league."

he clenched his fists at the remark. he glanced down at yeri who was quiet. he could tell she heard the words as well. in jungkook's eyes, yeri was the most beautiful girl he's laid eyes on. she had the cutest laugh and the brightest eyes. in his opinion, she was way out of his league.

she had a bright personality and once he got past the shy barrier, she brought lots of fun into his life. he thought was school was a boring place until he met kim yerim. he enjoyed her company and how she made his day always better.

he had to admit; he developed a small crush. just a tiny little one. she was adorable, how could he not?