Aftermath - One

I'm sorry

I'm sorry.

No, that's not enough.

There aren't words which can express how sorry I am about what happened. It's all my fault. It's my fault your trapped in that bed, it's my fault that you can't wake up.

I should have listened. I should have gone with you and ignored Steven. I should have been their to protect you, to rescue you like you rescued me.

But now you're stuck here and I am just watching you sleep, waiting for you to open your eyes and wake up. I hate this feeling of powerlessness.

I'm so sorry.

It's all my fault and there's nothing I can do to fix it now.

"I'm sorry."

-

The gentle breeze slowly swept through my bedroom as I put the last of my things into my bag as neatly as possible.

I took a step back and observed the potions and status heals in my bag. With a quick shake of the head and a sigh I emptied my bag once more and rearranged the order. I started to play Tetris once more and eventually I was pleased with the results.

I stroked my forehead with the back of my hand and placed my other hand on my hip confidently. "Items all ready." I stated to myself.

Suddenly a gentle knock at the door caught my attention and I watched as the door slowly opened and a red and white bow appeared from behind it.

My eyes were instantly fixed on the intruder as a girl my age revealed herself and gazed at me rather longingly.

She had a red and white bow perfectly positioned onto the top of her neat brown hair which flowed just below her shoulders and glowed from the sunlight. Her bright blue sapphire eyes swept my room before returning my stare as I looked her rudely up and down.

Her face was sweet. Rosy cheeks and cute facial features complimented her eyes. A red and black tank top hugged her small waist and slender form and her white biker shorts and black undershorts showed off her beautifully tanned legs.

She smiled a sweet smile at me and her small hands and fingers wrapped around each other meeting at her stomach. "Morning." She said rather awkwardly.

This girl was absolutely gorgeous.

I returned her awkwardness and opened my mouth to speak but the words didn't seem to come out except for a rough cough I felt forming in the lump of my throat. She smiled at me and her cheeks puffed up along with her shoulders which moved upward as she blinked delicately at me.

"I'm May."