Ascension - One

"Zinnia!" I shouted  reaching over the large ladder to the top floor of the Skypiller

"Zinnia!" I shouted reaching over the large ladder to the top floor of the Skypiller. The wind nearly blew my hat off but I clutched it in my hand and grabbed onto the edge of the ladder pulling myself onto the top stone floor of the incredible Skypiller. Zinnia turned her head to me and her Ruby eyes glowed with anticipation and fear.

"It's Rayquaza isn't it. Your trying to summon Rayquaza!" I shouted, knowing the answer anyway, I needed confirmation only she could provide. She laughed and faced me, her cape blowing to her side in the wind.

"Your not as dumb as that champion friend of yours." She snapped, her eyes glaring at me. We all knew how much she hated Devon. "Yes, Rayquaza is the only solution. It's the only way to stop the asteroid." I sighed and ran up the stairs to the highest section of the floor, where Zinnia stood now facing the large pillars in front of her.

"Then do it." I said to her back, she nodded and bent down on one knee, her hands activating the keystones and a small white beam of light coming from the pillar erupted into the sky all around us. I watched as the wind blew my clothes around me, my hat was held onto my head but I eventually took it off, putting the precious white spikes into my pocket and carefully running a hand through my chocolate hair.

I heard groans and grunts from a familiar voice behind me, I turned around and faced the familiar red and white bow of my best friend. "May!" I called out as she tried to climb the ladder to the top of the tower. I ran over to her and quickly descended down the small set of stairs, she moaned and moved her head up to me, her eyes desperate as she struggled to climb to the top.

"Bread! Little help!" She cried out almost slipping of the ladder, I grabbed her hand and her arm pulling her safely up, she basically fell into my arms and I steadied her carefully. I was slightly taller then her but she made up for it with her stubbornness. "Y-You are," She let out a heavy breath. "A hard man to find, when your busy." She snapped through heavy panting.

"What are you doing here? You should be resting!" I asked. May brushing down her red and black tank top wiping some dirt from the climb. She shoved a small hand on her waist and pointed a finger at me. She was cross. I hated it when she was cross.

"I think you should tell me what your doing first?" She snapped, her finger wagging in my face. She bent forward slightly as she always did when she was angry: I moved my hands up to a surrendering position and glanced over to Zinnia, Mays sapphire eyes followed my gaze to me the caped women who was silently kneeling in front of the Rayquaza 'phone' device thingy-ma-bob.

"Erm." Was all I could say. Mays temper was legendary, and even her father who was a gym leader, a strong one too, was scared of it. She grunted at the sight of the women who had previously robbed her before turning back to me and giving me that tell-me-everything look I had seen only once before when she woke up from her coma.

"Brendan! What is going on?" May asked, her cute eyebrows arching inwards. If I didn't answer she would probably throw me off the tower herself. I didn't have a choice, and besides, she has a right to know.