CHAPTER TWENTY

1928

1928

NEWT STOOD IN FRONT of his study with a soft smile on his lips. He did it, he finally finished his book. One hand was shoved into his pocket while the other held a copy of his book, 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.'

He was excited about the whole thing and he couldn't wait until his fellow wizards and witches could read it. He hoped that they would finally understand that not all magical creatures are as terrifying as they think they are.

Newt went into his case and began to check on his creatures. The Niffler was still a little fiend, always escaping somehow when Newt would travel. And Pickett would still cling onto him where ever he went.

Nothing seemed to have changed.

Newt threw a chunk of meat towards the Graphorns and then took a seat on the stairs. He looked over his creatures and felt his lips turn into a smile. As he stood up his foot hit against something, sending the magizoologist to the ground.

He grumbles quietly and looks behind him to find a blue book on the floor. 'Peter Pan.' was the title on it, covered in gold cursive letters. Newt furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at the muggle book.

Never in his life did he remember reading or even purchasing this. He looked aroune, wondering if anyone was looking but then remembered he was alone.

He opened the blue book and out fell a piece of paper. "Weird." Newt mumbled as he leaned down and picked up the white paper and was even more surprised to find his name on it.

'To: Newt Scamander.
From: Camaria.'

Who's Camaria? Newt opened the letter and began to read the neat cursive letters.

'Dear Newt,

It has been a long time since we've spoken face to face and it's been killing me. I miss you so much and I hope that your book I'd coming along. Olympus is not as fun as people think I'd be. It's very bland and boring after you get over the fact that God's and Goddesses are everywhere. Oh and my lupus somewhat went away so no need to worry about that now. But I wanna know what's going on in your life. What other creatures have you came across? Last time you told me that you saw some Bowtruckles. Or something like that, oops. Anyway I have to cut this letter short because Athena wants to give me advise on something. I hope we meet again, one day. I have something important to tell you.

All the love,
Camaria.'

After Newt finished reading the letter, flashes of a women came into his mind. Her long, wavy brown hair flowed in the wind. She had one brown and hazel eye and her skin was the perfect shade of olive.

Newt found himself panting, trying to catch his breath as he saw the beautiful women in his mind. He looked around rapidly, but found no one else but the creatures in the room.

He licked his bottom lip and then began to chew on it. He's never seen the women before, but she seems so- familiar. Newt didn't know who she was, but she seemed as if she was a long lost memory.

Newt shook his head and chuckled. He's probably tired, yeah, that's the reason. He did stay up waiting for Tina to arrive from work. Newt chuckled quietly and then placed the 'Peter Pan' book down on his work table.

As for the letter, he hid it away in his brown journal. He carefully folded the paper so it would fit and placed his journal in his pocket again, making his way towards the ladder.

Zeus watched from the sky above with a small smile on his lips. The God knew that the wizard would remember soon enough. Zeus looked over at the headstone and smiled small before placing his hand over the gray stone.

"I tried, Camaria."

CAMARIA OCTAVIA LUPIN

DATE OF BIRTH: MAY 18, 1900
DATE OF DEATH: DECEMBER 18, 1926

DAUGHTER, FRIEND, LOVED BY ALL.

"MY PHILOSOPHY IS THAT WORRYING MEANS YOU SUFFER TWICE." -N.S

Without another glance Zeus zapped himself out of the graveyard and went back to Olympus.

☆☆☆

If you are confused let me clear up something: Zeus helped Artemis take away Camaria's memories. Then when she got them back Zeus felt bad for what he did and then when she died, he wanted to do something she knew she'd like. So he took away the memories of Camaria from everyone, so they wouldn't mourn over her and continue on with their lives.

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them is why Newt remembers of his adventure of New York, but when in reality Camaria was there.

Newt and Tina ended up dating afterwards and Newt has no recollection of Camaria, only of what she look like after finding a letter he hid in one of the books he read to her.

I'm sorry to say that this story has come to an end and I'm proud. The ending may be sad, but not everyone has a happy ending, it's not normal.

I'd like to thank -bowtruckle for the help of this story and please check her out, emma is amazing.

Thank you for reading this story and please check out my other stories, if you haven't already ♡