CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

INSTEAD OF FINDING HERSELF with Newt and the group, Camaria was sat on a wooden chair

INSTEAD OF FINDING HERSELF with Newt and the group, Camaria was sat on a wooden chair. Her clothes were back to normal and she quickly stuffed her hands into her pockets, making sure everything was still there.

Luckily the folder and photograph was still with her. She sighed out in relief and slipped the photograph back into her pocket. Her hazel and brown eyes looked around the area and found herself in a familiar roon.

Zeus' room.

Three figures began to loom from the shadows. Zeus, Artemis and Apollo stood in front of Camaria. She sat up straighter and quickly hid the photo in her pocket.

"Do you remember?" Asked Zeus.

"Partly, yes." Camaria replied wearily, her eyes darting to her father, aunt and grandfather. "I should be with my friends, they need my-"

"No they don't, they'll be fine." Apollo tried to reassure his daughter who just scowled at him.

"How could you even say that?" Camaria stood up from her chair, her hands crumpled into fists as she glared at her father and then looked around the room. "No, bigger question. Why in Hades were my memories of Newt messed with?"

Everyone stayed silent as Camaria's brown and hazel eyes glared at all of them and their guilty expressions. They all exchanged worried looks, knowing that the demigod inherited her mother's temper.

"It was probably you huh, dad?" Camaria walked over to her father, who tried to wear an emotionless expression. "Wanted me to stay here so bad after Auntie Arty took me away. And then you made everyone keep quiet about it! How dare you even do that to me. You knew how I felt about Newt, how much I loved him and missed him after you took me away to live on Olympus. I can't believe you'd even do that. I suspected you'd do something to keep me here, but I'm disappointed with how low you swooped to make me stay here."

"Camaria-" Artemis tried to step in, but the demigod flashed her aunt a hard look.

"Don't." Camaria muttered.

"You don't understand..." Apollo said meekly.

"It wasn't Apollo alright? It was me."

Somehow the air in the room became dense as everyone turned their attention to the Goddess. Especially Camaria. The color from her face drained as her head turned towards her aunt.

"W-What?" Camaria stuttered.

"Yo-You did this t-to me?"

"Camaria... listen to me- There was a perfectly good reason."

The demigod felt her blood begin to boil. "You better tell me. Now."

The Goddess sighed softly and nodded reluctantly. "You see, when you left Earth you immediately fell ill and sad. Your father was able to create a potion that would lower the symptoms of Lupus and it helped. But it didn't help your broken heart. It was obvious to all of us how much you loved that wizard."

"Newt, his name is Newt." Camaria breathed out.

"And everyday you stayed here, on Olympus, you're mood changed. You're happy persona morphed into a depressed state. Your father didn't know what to do to help you. He tried every potion but it didn't mend your heart. So... I convinced our father, Zeus, to take away your memories of Newt. I couldn't bare to see you so broken up about him. Zeus took away your memories without Apollo's agreement and your father just barely found about this. He is equally as angry as you are and both of you are allowed to be angry at me. But I did this to only help you."

Camaria looked down at her hands and then wiped her eyes from the tears that were trying to fall.

She felt her lip quiver and held onto her the photograph of her mother. Her breathing quickened as she began to step back from Artemis and everyone in the room.

"I can't b-believe- no!" Camaria bumped into the wall behind her and fell onto her bottom. Tears poured out of her eyes as different memories came flashing into her brain.

"Take me back, I want to see Newt." Camaria said after calming down.

"Is that what you want?" Zeus asked as he stepped forward. The demigod looked around the room and saw pain over her aunt and father's face.

"Please?"

"If you wish."

And in a quick motion Camaria was sent back to New York, in the subways.

☆☆☆

And lol, everyone expected that Apollo took away Camaria's memories but it was actually Artemis, talk about plot twist amiright?

There's a reason why this is called 'Unexpected' folks.